Discuss Lets talk CLIK 18th Edition & Compare & Contrast in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm just pricing up licenses for their software, looks like they've lost a customer as we won't be paying what they now want.

Yes of course, sorry guys!

I work for a medium sized electrical company. We have been using the 'CLIK eleccert' electronic certification software for a number of years now and apart from a few small issue have found it to work reasonably well for us. So upon our return to work in the New Year CLIK had promised us that the new version of their electronic certification 'CLIK cert electrical' that has been developed to run with the 18th Edition would be ready for implementation from the 2nd of January 2019, some 6/8 weeks after the originally proposed launch date! I've now uploaded it to all of our mobile devices and a number of our desk tops and its no where near ready for effective use and wondered if there were any fellow users out there that may want to compare and contrast some frustrations and woes?

I work for a medium sized electrical company. We have been using the 'CLIK eleccert' electronic certification software for a number of years now and apart from a few small issue have found it to work reasonably well for us. So upon our return to work in the New Year CLIK had promised us that the new version of their electronic certification 'CLIK cert electrical' that has been developed to run with the 18th Edition would be ready for implementation from the 2nd of January 2019, some 6/8 weeks after the originally proposed launch date! I've now uploaded it to all of our mobile devices and a number of our desk tops and its no where near ready for effective use and wondered if there were any fellow users out there that may want to compare and contrast some frustrations and woes?
Methinks you or your firms management need to get a Rep from CLIK to visit you premises to sort the problem ou PDQ, it could be however you haven't downloaded the software correctly, either way a CLIK visit is needed imo.

The software is still a BETA but they still released it. Apparently there's a big update due out next week.

Just installed the new version today after being given the product codes. (It didn't appear to be available before now.)

I successfully imported data from the old version but am still coming to terms with it. There do appear to be a few bugs outstanding on this making it awkward to use, but it does still state that it is a Beta version on it. It was originally to be ready in November I believe?

The Android version of the new software doesn't appear to have been released yet - I searched the Google Play Store as advised but can still only find the old version.

Yes indeed, it was due to be released 19th November 2018, but the BETA testing version is the one that was released 2nd January 2019!!! Yes there's more than some bugs, I'm afraid that it is on the cusp of not usable! Just about managing to use the ios app in the field to get certificates back from electricians, but the desk top is a mess with all kinds of issues! My biggest grip here is that its not like they haven't had plenty of time to get this right in time is it?! CLIK have been using the 18th Edition as an excuse for not developing the 17th Edition version for knocking on the door of a year or more now! The 18th Edition came out 6 months ago and the 1st of January 2019 as a date has been cast in stone for some time! So what's the excuse?! That's better now I've had a bit of a vent ;)

I'm more interested in what other users of CLIK are thinking about the update and in what problems you are encountering and if you feel that they are acceptable or not?

Picking up on the fact that no Android version is yet available! What if as a company your committed to CLIK within all of your processes. You are now having to comply with the 18th Edition, but you have no way of creating 18th Edition certificates except to revert to paper or to jump to EasyCert or Amtech! None of which are a viable alternative to a medium sized electrical inspection and testing company! That scares me and I can only thank the Lord that we went with IOS :)

CLIK have been using the 18th Edition as an excuse for not developing the 17th Edition version for knocking on the door of a year or more now!
Must be over a year as my version of the old software is 1.1.4.712 and is copyright 2017. As far as I am aware it is the most up-to-date version of it. (Certainly no available updates show for it.)

Picking up on the fact that no Android version is yet available! What if as a company your committed to CLIK within all of your processes. You are now having to comply with the 18th Edition, but you have no way of creating 18th Edition certificates except to revert to paper or to jump to EasyCert or Amtech! None of which are a viable alternative to a medium sized electrical inspection and testing company! That scares me and I can only thank the Lord that we went with IOS :)
I am currently resorting to a laptop on-site as the Android version hasn't yet been released.

As for bugs the worst seems to be having to add a customer and their address in the address book before being able to use their data in a cert. It doesn't seem to let you do it in the cert and then save their details as before.

Is anyone else finding that the desktop version (there still isn't an Android version released AFAIK) repeatedly crashes?

I had a call last Friday from Clik assuring me there would be an update this week.

Can't be any worse than what we've got at the moment. I'll be downloading this afternoon.

Mmmm............

Famous last words there, I hope not...........

We are holding off till later in the week to see what the feed back is from others before we update this current version.

We are also starting to trial easycert on two PC's sharing data from our server just in case!

Reply to Lets talk CLIK 18th Edition & Compare & Contrast in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock