Discuss Letting Agents in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

thomas1981

Hi All

Just started up on my own and waiting to join SELECT.

I was wondering if anyone knew if Letting Agents require an Electrical Contarctor
to be a member of a governing body to carry out Periodics.

Thanks

Thomas

IIRC NICEIC seems to be the only thing these people are concerned with, even if you are with a similar scheme provider such as Elecsa, Napit etc and can provide the exact same services.

I work mostly for letting agents and they all wanted scheme membership. I am with Napit and has never been a problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I worked for 3 Letting Agencies for 3 months when I started with nothing but problems, they all would not pay me till 30days after they received the rent from the tenant, and if you caught it wrong with doing the work you could wait 60 days till you received a payment from them.

Occasionally you do get a good one mind who pays within 5-10 days of having the invoice but that's rare - check the letting agent out first and look at who else has worked for them in the past and what they thought of them.

Good Luck!

Reply to Letting Agents in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock