Discuss lighting help needed please guy's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

steviejack

Hi all iv been asked to change the lighting system in my local village hall, they currently have 8ft fluorescent tubes, and they are finding it hard to get replacement tubes, they've told me they want something that gives them the same amount of light but must the bulbs must be easily replaced and easy to find and energy efficient
Theres two main rooms the larger one is 9mx15m with a false ceiling that slopes from 3m to 7m high it's currently got 10 flouros
Then there's the small room thats 9.5mx 4.5m with a 3m high solid ceiling
Can any of you give me any advice as to what would be the best way to go with this as im more used to house bashing than this kind of thing thanks in advance
Steve

If you want a simple replacemet I would suggest LED batterns. You might want to considder changing the old fittings to new ones and putting them on chains so they are a little lower and so easy to get to. The old ones may have capacitors containing PCB oil, this is nasty stuff and needs disposing with care. Ask the hall users what they would realy LIKE to do, dimming and so on.

For more advice on fittings and so on have a chat with About Trade Lighting ? Great Britain (English) and Philips Lighting UK - LED & Conventional Lighting Solutions

The most energy efficient lighting at the moment is T5 fluorescent lamps and an 80W T5 (1449mm) is slightly dimmer than an 8ft T12 fluorescent.
LED lighting is obviously the future but in terms of being able to get hold of replacements this is more difficult for an average person as they are not yet fully mainstream in retail shops.
Fixed lamp LED lighting such as lo bay lighting might be an answer as the lamps would not need replacing but the fittings would not be easy to replace.

600x600 recessed LED fittings in the big room, something else in the small room. Maybe surface or suspended battens, maybe downlighters, maybe up/down lighters on the walls, depends what you can get in, but definitely LED either way.

Reply to lighting help needed please guy's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock