Discuss Loft light? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SparkSmog

Im going to install a light in my loft, anyone got any reccomendations of which light fitting to use? Im assuming id just be able to take t&e off the upstairs lighting circuit and run it to it?

I usually do industrial work so not to sure about things like this so any help is appreciated

I cant see a Problem with it (not saying there arnt any). As long as its clipped and not strung across i think it will be fine, Maybe stick it on RCD or RCBO just to cover ya self! Although if its in surfice i dont think the regs require it.

I repaired mine - previous owner had taken power from a ceiling rose but in the process had broken the fitting so replaced that and took the power via a junction box instead, clipped cable to joists above insulation and put in a cord pull switch that hangs close to loft entrance so can put the light on the moment you open the hatch.

I would take the supply to a switch( pull cord or standard )
You can then use a switch with a neon
It helps rule out having a nagging feeling a few weeks later that you left it on
Fluoresent light or 2 or more every time for me

Hi Sparksmog

I would check first to see if the lighting circuit has been wired in 2 or 3 plate, as 2 plate would mean you will have to get your feed elsewhere..

Regards

Reply to Loft light? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock