Discuss Long screw driver fittings for impact driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Im looking for a decent but not over priced set of the extra long impact driver bits, have had 2 sets now and both been a pile of s**t..
1st lot arrived in small plastic bag and the metal was brittle and rough as hell... one snapped during use!
the second set were so soft after just a dozen screws, it was rounded off and no good.
So im looking around and figured i would ask what people are using and like? looking for around 10cm and up in length.
they do come in useful on enclosures and recessed screws when you cant get the driver in to the corner.

I wouldn’t use a long screwdriver bit in a impact driver a the length of the shaft won’t be strong enough unles you pay big bucks for them, just use them in a normal drill/driver and protect them

screwfix have a decent set of 15cm driver bits, they will work in an impact driver, handy for the price

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/erbauer-impact-screwdriver-bits-set-150mm-9-pieces/16648

screwfix have a decent set of 15cm driver bits, they will work in an impact driver, handy for the price

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/erbauer-impact-screwdriver-bits-set-150mm-9-pieces/16648
I would waste your money on Erbauer, just because it’s say impact driver on them doesn’t mean they will last long with them.

I will have a gander on screwfix over the weekend.. got a ÂŁ5 voucher to use in there anyway, they send me random junk mail and every so often theres a voucher to use, so cant complain.
the long bits as people have said arent great in an impact driver, albeit they are sold as for use in one... they do generally work better in a drill/driver.. less torque and seem more stable? but really do come into there own when a screw is in a tight corner and the enclosure is 4 or 5 inches deep and you cant otherwise get in to it properly

Reply to Long screw driver fittings for impact driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net