Discuss Looking for 32mm conduit gland!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't think I have worked with 32mm conduit before. Always 25mm and 20mm.

I want to contain 2 x 25mm tails and 1 x 16mm earth in some 32mm (rigid) plastic conduit. Where it comes out of the wall I would usually use a round conduit box. I cant find 32mm (plastic) round conduit boxes so I shall use a black weatherproof box with a 32mm hole in the bottom.

I just cant find a 32mm plastic conduit adaptor and bush. In fact i have found 1. Its CEF and rediculously expensive. Here is a link so you can see what I am looking for 32mm Female Adaptor with Male Bush Black (Sold in 5's) - https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/1066012-32mm-female-adaptor-with-male-bush-black-sold-in-1-s?gclid=CjwKCAjw6fyXBhBgEiwAhhiZsh7xjYXj0sd7jN7_bWxyWldRKtraoaG7A18yK0uZ_qL3M48IWH7wuBoCLR4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Superlec seem to just have the bush but not the adaptor for conduit. It all seems a bit too difficult making me think there must be an easier way to get the tails and earth through the wall and into a piece of 32mm conduit?

could you adapt one of these?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/british-general-plastic-cable-gland-kit-32mm/6037p

That seems a bit tight 32mm to pull down 2x25mm tail 1x16mm earth IMO
I've already had a practise in the shed Dave. It fits 😃
Appreciate the thought though, could have been a nightmare if I got to the job and it didn't fit!

I've already had a practise in the shed Dave. It fits 😃
Appreciate the thought though, could have been a nightmare if I got to the job and it didn't fit!
How can I explain this!! What kind of length we talking about Steve, because if its a few meters that can make such a difference plus any sets you pulling on it.
I only say this because when I was an apprentice was with a guy he used 25mm black enamel reckon no more than 1.5 meter in length pull through 2x10 mm and earth conductor (cant remember size) we had to pre wire it through the conduit it had a slight kick on the set nothing more.
Had it in the vice and we were both swinging on it to pull them all through, but hey I was just the boy. lol

How can I explain this!! What kind of length we talking about Steve, because if its a few meters that can make such a difference plus any sets you pulling on it.
I only say this because when I was an apprentice was with a guy he used 25mm black enamel reckon no more than 1.5 meter in length pull through 2x10 mm and earth conductor (cant remember size) we had to pre wire it through the conduit it had a slight kick on the set nothing more.
Had it in the vice and we were both swinging on it to pull them all through, but hey I was just the boy. lol
Thanks for expanding Dave.

The tails and earth will be in 2m (+/- 500mm) of rigid conduit. They (after the coupler) will then be in approx 60cm of flex conduit.

Can anyone say for certain if this will be ok? If not, I think I'll pop back out to the shed and see if I can pull it all the way through the whole length.

Thanks for expanding Dave.

The tails and earth will be in 2m (+/- 500mm) of rigid conduit. They (after the coupler) will then be in approx 60cm of flex conduit.

Can anyone say for certain if this will be ok? If not, I think I'll pop back out to the shed and see if I can pull it all the way through the whole length.

They'll go, you may have to be generous with the lube and swear at it a little but they'll go.

I'd expect any decent wholesaler to keep 32mm PVC conduit, adaptors and saddles. It's more unusual for them to have boxes on the shelf but can normally get them in.

How did you get on Steve, did all the cables all go down the 32mm conduit.?
Hi Dave.

I'm booked in to do the job on November 1st. I shall update soon after and let you know just how much of the above lube and swearing was required 😃

Hi Dave.

I'm booked in to do the job on November 1st. I shall update soon after and let you know just how much of the above lube and swearing was required 😃

Also, with apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs, it will go a lot easier if you keep the cables straight, unkinked and don't let them cross over each other as they go in to the conduit.

I don't think I have worked with 32mm conduit before. Always 25mm and 20mm.

I want to contain 2 x 25mm tails and 1 x 16mm earth in some 32mm (rigid) plastic conduit. Where it comes out of the wall I would usually use a round conduit box. I cant find 32mm (plastic) round conduit boxes so I shall use a black weatherproof box with a 32mm hole in the bottom.

I just cant find a 32mm plastic conduit adaptor and bush. In fact i have found 1. Its CEF and rediculously expensive. Here is a link so you can see what I am looking for 32mm Female Adaptor with Male Bush Black (Sold in 5's) - https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/1066012-32mm-female-adaptor-with-male-bush-black-sold-in-1-s?gclid=CjwKCAjw6fyXBhBgEiwAhhiZsh7xjYXj0sd7jN7_bWxyWldRKtraoaG7A18yK0uZ_qL3M48IWH7wuBoCLR4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Superlec seem to just have the bush but not the adaptor for conduit. It all seems a bit too difficult making me think there must be an easier way to get the tails and earth through the wall and into a piece of 32mm conduit?
How long is the conduit????

Reply to Looking for 32mm conduit gland!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net