Discuss Looking for a C7 Power Cord in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a 10-15A power cord terminated with an angled (90) IEC C7 polarized male connector. I can find hundreds of non-polarized ones but can find none that are polarized. Does such a plug exist? Has anyone seen one or know of a place that supplies them? A complete, made-up cord would be good but I would be glad to make my own cord if I could just find the connector. Hopefully someone out there can help. Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Thanks for the quick reply to my post. This is great as it is definitely a power chord and a C7 for a guitar. I was actually looking for an electrical power chord with an angled IEC C7 polarized male connector on one end. As I said I have found numerous angled C7's that are non-polarized but can't find any that are polarized. If there are non-polarized ones surely there must be polarized ones. Just can't find any. Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks!

These are the ones where one half is square and one is round? Don't think I've ever seen oma right angled one either. Have you checked ebay? If not on there then they probably don't exist.

Hi,
You are correct with the configuration: one round, one squared off. I thought ebay would be a good choice too. You can find almost anything on ebay. I had a bad feeling when I couldn't locate one there. Plenty of non-polarized angled (round on both connectors), just no polarized. Even out on the web: Plenty of non but no polarized. Thanks for your help!

If anyone sees a polarized angled C7 I'll take it! Best to all.

Kevin

Does your appliance need to be polarity conscious? I'm thinking fusing, switching etc.

That's a good thought but yes it has to be polarized. Has electronic controls. What I may end up doing is shaving down a non polarized one to fit the polarized jack. Then I can mark the plug end so it only gets plugged in correctly. Haven't given up yet! Thanks!

Reply to Looking for a C7 Power Cord in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net