Discuss Lucien Nunes Electrical Engineer Extraordinaire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Been stuck for words about Lucien for almost three weeks.

Lucien's knowledge was obvious and impressive, and I tried (mostly in vain) to absorb as much of it as possible. What was often even more apparent on this forum was his ability to cut through the regular arguments with informative posts. Occasionally he may have posted a stern, but unfailingly polite rebuke that didn't single out anyone for special attention, but was heeded by all.

I've recently found myself editing posts to round off some of the sharper edges. While his knowledge may not have rubbed off on me (to be fair, he didn't have much to work with), I've found myself reflecting on many of his posts and trying to become a slightly better human because of them.

I sincerely hope Lucien's legacy continues through MEET. May he rest in peace.

Been stuck for words about Lucien for almost three weeks.

I sincerely hope Lucien's legacy continues through MEET. May he rest in peace.
I know what you mean.
Just to say.....yesterday I attended the funeral of a friend and work colleague of decades, a very gifted hands on engineer in a different sphere to Lucien.
Like Lucien, he had a form of cancer.
I was with him. in his workshop 5 weeks ago and he felt a bit rough but just got on with his work, as usual. He'd obviously been ill for a while because, after being informed of a liver problem, he attended Christies earlier this month for assessment, preparing for a treatment plan. After tests, he was advised to return home to his family as there was nothing they could do to save him. He lasted barely a week. Similar age to Lucien.
RIP mate. Condolences to wife and sons.
Thoughts are with all who have to contend with such hardship.

Last edited:
I know what you mean.
Just to say.....yesterday I attended the funeral of a friend and work colleague of decades, a very gifted hands on engineer in a different sphere to Lucien.
Like Lucien, he had a form of cancer.
I was with him. in his workshop 5 weeks ago and he felt a bit rough but just got on with his work, as usual. He'd obviously been ill for a while because, after being informed of a liver problem, he attended Christies earlier this month for assessment, preparing for a treatment plan. After tests, he was advised to return home to his family as there was nothing they could do to save him. He lasted barely a week. Similar age to Lucien.
RIP mate. Condolences to wife and sons.
Thoughts are with all who have to contend with such hardship.
It maybe coincidence but a lot of people that worked in the tv repair game that I knew are all passed, all were relatively young.

I can't really add to what others have said, other to say that he reminds me of my late father - except my father's collection was very much smaller and he had no plans for a museum. But it was painful clearing out and there was so much I'd have liked to keep but just didn't have room for, and which I thought might come in handy one day (such as good old motors that would have been good candidates for a 3 phase converter). IIRC I weighed in about 1/2 ton of motors and transformers :-(

So many times since dad died I've had questions where "dad would have known that". It's so true that you don't fulky apreciate what you've got till its gone. I didn't know Lucien other than through his activity here, but I feel a sense of loss at his passing.

Only just found out the sad news. RIP Lucien.

I recall him replying to a thread of mine, to which I can’t remember the content, but it was about a piece of old aluminium cable, I’d come across. He asked if he could have for his Museum. Duly sent.

I also hope his MEETS can be found a place, shame to lose all that hard work and enthusiasm.

Last edited:
I'm extremely sorry to read this news. I was in Lucien's year at secondary school and although we weren't very close, I found him extraordinary even at that young age and I respected him greatly. I have a very fond memory from when we were aged around 16 of going down to Dulwich to visit him and Gerry at the Vintage Wireless and Television Museum where they gave me a wonderful and lengthy guided tour including their working 405 line TV transmission gear and a master class in glass blowing for the creation of replacement valves. This is a cruel and tragic event and I send my condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:
Well, I've been away from the forum for a couple of months so I've only just read this deeply saddening news. I never met him and know his knowledge would have been way over my head but he always came over as someone who, knowing you were out of your depth, would explain and help. I hope he's happy in that great arc rectifier in the sky. Rest in peace.

Reply to Lucien Nunes Electrical Engineer Extraordinaire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock