Discuss Lucien Nunes Electrical Engineer Extraordinaire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

His tributes are coming in from far and wide. Here is a picture that has been shared by one of his best mates. Our tribute last night, we have had confirmation the fog horn reached at least 2 miles and a whole village in Staffordshire now knows Lucien Nunes!

Towards the end you could see how powerful his enthusiasm was as it was being attacked by this dreaded illness. On more than one occasion I had to tell him to rest over the telephone so he could take a breather as he was not going to let this situation get in the way. At the end of each telephone call this enthusiasm had triumphed over the thing that was trying to take it away.

Attachments

• EFTH3372[1].JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 26
The thing that keeps coming back to me about Lucien is his braveness in the face of his mortality. I was always puzzled almost at how he faced his affliction without a word of compaint or self pity. I only hope I am able to muster such courage at such a time. R.I.P and most sincere condolences to the family and close ones.
He seemed to have a gift for being able to understand things beyond most of us.
Maybe that had something to do with it?

I've only just seen this and read every post, every single one is from the heart and confirm what an incredible man Lucien was.
Personally I feel very sad , much more than you'd expect from someone you've never met, I think that says a lot about his influence on all of us too. I'd like to think he's moved on to a far better place.

Been away for a few days and just caught up with the incredibly sad news about Lucien. As all others have said, a fantastic man and absolute genius with his thinking and knowledge. Through the forum I have found out things from him I wouldn't have had a clue about but his name will live on for a very long time. Rest in peace Lucien, you definitely made a difference to life

I wasn't going to come in on this thread again, but I've been following it and posted the image above on 'page 3'.

Now I kind of feel guilty within myself, I never said anything about Lucien, but we did exchange PM'S for a while, and gave contact details for each other.
I was going to help him with the video's, edit them and add music where needed...

But a lot of this all changed after I wrote in the 'mental health thread' around this point I didn't even know he was very ill, I only learnt how ill in the months afterwards!

Yet we still crossed wires on threads, and not so long ago he told me off, he didn't directly do this by name, using my handle 'OnlQQker' but more so in the way that makes you think deeper of yourself. I had posted a fairground image on his fairground thread, with the only intention of making him smile, but he told me off!
Not directly, but I knew the start of his reply was to me.
He didn't seem to mind this image posted, what he seemed to mind was that I had provided absolutely nothing to detail. Detail of working motors or at least a link, and how they relate to something that in his mind was and still is truly magical and pretty impossible to put into words!

Lucien had a unique understanding of everything electrical, he was like a real life THOR to me, who I doubt for one minute would not have the capability in life and beyond, to create such a thing, and as another poster along this thread of remembrance rightly said, just after Lucien's deaths the skies filled up with lightening!

This all hit me like a brick when I first saw this post.

It's taken me a day or so to try and explain my salute to I made to him, this writing now has took over an hour to write.

If I could dedicate one piece of music to Lunien, then it would of be this!

I wish I'd let Lucien know before hand what a lovely man he was.
With that in mind, I'd like to say there's a lot of lovely people on this site. You kind of know who you are.
We're all hidden from view and we hardly ever meet in person, but in this day and age of the Internet I can say there's a form of friendship.
I think Luciens influence will be very far reaching because he was a special man.
I've been off work for 2 weeks with a bad back. Looks like a possible further 8 weeks of pain before I can return. I shouldn't even be mentioning this is the same thread as Lucien.
Point being, he's helping me even now, get through each day of hobbling around due to the way he handled his death.

Hello all, my name is Steve, one of Lucien's oldest friends and executor, which is how I have his forum login. I just wanted to thank you all for the comments here. I've just printed them off to show Jenny, his mother, when I see her at the weekend. She will find them a great comfort, as she has all of the other comment streams from the many areas of the internet where his knowledge and enthusiasm was so valued.

I was with him for most of the last month of his life as the disease really took its toll. He had plenty of visitors which kept his spirits up, but as his energy levels fell his phone was never far from his side, and while he may not have commented much he was still active and keeping an eye on you all. The sharing of knowledge, expertise, and laughs, was enormously important to him. Thank you all for being a key part of his life right up to the end, and your wonderful comments after his death.

Hello all, my name is Steve, one of Lucien's oldest friends and executor, which is how I have his forum login. I just wanted to thank you all for the comments here. I've just printed them off to show Jenny, his mother, when I see her at the weekend. She will find them a great comfort, as she has all of the other comment streams from the many areas of the internet where his knowledge and enthusiasm was so valued.

I was with him for most of the last month of his life as the disease really took its toll. He had plenty of visitors which kept his spirits up, but as his energy levels fell his phone was never far from his side, and while he may not have commented much he was still active and keeping an eye on you all. The sharing of knowledge, expertise, and laughs, was enormously important to him. Thank you all for being a key part of his life right up to the end, and your wonderful comments after his death.
Morning Steve

I can only imagine your printer is going to be very busy today.............

Mark

Lucien was someone I genuinely looked up to and admired. His incredible knowledge and enthusiasm for all things electrical never failed to amaze me. The impact he had on those he chatted with on here and his various other groups is truly remarkable, and is a testament to the kind of person he was.
My condolences to his family and friends

I have been away from the forum for a while but I’m truley shocked and upset reading this news this morning , Lucien was an electrical wizard and reading his posts blew my mind at times. RIP Lucein I will really miss reading your posts and thinking how knowledgeable and thoughtful you are with all your answers. You will be truly missed by so many. Thank you

Reply to Lucien Nunes Electrical Engineer Extraordinaire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock