Discuss Main bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just finishing workshop,no external services to bond,but wondering what to do with the steel framework,this is not continuous & main beams/rafters to the building are wooden,ceiling panels are corrugated plastic.
Wondering do these need bonding,being they are not bolted or connected together.

test to see if the steelwork is extraneous.

If I could also add, that consideration should be consider, is the metal work likely to introduce a potential (its construction with into the flooring) i.e. bit like a garage door, which regardless of the test I would not bond.

Just finishing workshop,no external services to bond,but wondering what to do with the steel framework,this is not continuous & main beams/rafters to the building are wooden,ceiling panels are corrugated plastic.
Wondering do these need bonding,being they are not bolted or connected together.

If I could also add, that consideration should be consider, is the metal work likely to introduce a potential (its construction with into the flooring) i.e. bit like a garage door, which regardless of the test I would not bond.
PS Mind, if your exposed steel framework is buried into the workshops floor, regardless of the test I would bound (reg 411.3.1.2).

PS Mind, if your exposed steel framework is buried into the workshops floor, regardless of the test I would bound (reg 411.3.1.2).
Good point,pretty hard to see exactly how the steels are finished at grd level,if interconnected or not.
Will test to see if they are extraneous parts,thanks.

Was fortunate to have Chris Kitcher as my college lecturer a good few years back now. Still like the way he explains stuff clearly and to the point.

As a side note I was working on one of his old jobs a few weeks ago.

Reply to Main bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net