Discuss Main Earth in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

ONIT

Good Eveing to you all,

Came across this installation today , iam just running new ring in the kitchen off the original board main switch 80A RCCB 30mA, 15TH ED MEB, PLUS MAIN EARHT SOILD GREEN SLEVEING,

BEFORE I START IAM GOING TO UP GRADE MEB TO 10MM,, HERES WERE IAM IN A BIT OF LIMBO,, ON CHECKING MAIN EARTH FROM CUT OUT FUSE (SYSTEM IS TN-C-S) WHIT A NEW DIGGY METER BEEN INSTALLED,,, THEY HAVE BROUGHT 16MM CPC FROM THE MAIN FUSE ABOUT 500MM LONG AND CONNECTED IT TO CPC FEED BOARD IN OUTSIDE METER BOX ,USING A CONNECTOR BLOCK ,,

NOW,,,, DO I CHANGE THE PICE FROM CONNECTOR BLOCK TO 16MM BACK TO THE BOARD
DO I PHONE ELECTRICAL BOARD AND ASK ABOUT METER CHANING PEOPLE ABOUT STANARDED
OR JUST RENEW MAIN MEB AND REPORT THE DOGGY WORKMANSHIP TO ELECTRIC BOARD

ANY REPLY WELECOM

Last edited by a moderator:
is about as clear as mud to me...sorry...there's a 16mm main earth going from the cutout to an earth block? or do u mean a choc block? what size conductor from there to board?

Its Your Bog Stanard Choc Block Just Floating In Fresh Air In Outside Meter Box

And Its 10mm To Board

It Was Push Through Hole In The Wall As If To Look Like It Was All The Way

Last edited by a moderator:
talk about rough! can't u get a shiny new earth block and connect it up in meter box? may as well replace the 10mm with 16mm while ur there.

This Is What Iam Saying So Call Train Meter Installer Get Away With It And Why Sould We Put There Work Right, But If Walk Away And Leave It After Cert For Kitchen And Just Report It They Take Me To The Cleaners (sometimes I Think Life As A Cowboy Must Be Great Iam Alright And F,,k The Rest Of )

you could try phoning the DNO and getting them to sort it out...but what's the point...they might not be out for ages. point it out to the customer...say you're gonna sort out the dodgy workmanship of others....makes u look good dunnit! ;) word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Cheers Gare 79

If You Need Something Doing Do It Your Self . Its Nice To Get If Off Your Chest, Like You Said If You Report It Wat Good Would It Do

personally i'd report the dodgy work for the hell of it if the DNO care about standards they'll investigate .take a photo for evidence ,put it right ,make sure everyone knows

Reply to Main Earth in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock