Discuss main equip bonding conductors. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

KNIPEX

just a quick check guys, i believe im right in saying that the main water/gas bond has to go back to the main panel board of an installation.

basically where ever the main intake postion is your bonding conductors have to go back there.

ive been to a job today and gas/water bonds are coming from the local db which i believe dosent comply.

also a supply to a firealarm panel, i believe that has to come from the main intake postion panel board and not a local db.

also it must be in fp200 or equivalant not t+e or singles.

thanks guys :)

knipex,
there is many a discussion on this subject and the regs dont make it easy to understand
as i understand it reg 543.22; a protective conductor(assuming either a circuit protective conductor or a protective bonding conductor)can be one or more of the folllowing .....this tells you it doesnt need to be one continuous conductor
what appears to be happening is that the installer is relying on the cpc to be his bonding conductor and i cant see where it says you cant do that providing all other regs are met (size ,type etc)then again i could be wrong .....

as for the fire alarm cable ill think about that one:)

have a look at 560.5 and 560.7
if its battery backed up the fire alarm going to work even if the circuit fails

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mate

have to agree with what you said, its not easily written.

i suppose its still bonded though, even if it is in the wrong db, better than having no bond at all :)

It should be quite in order to main bond back to a remote consumer unit/dist board PROVIDED that a main earthing lead of suitable size runs from the CU back to the mains position.

When I install 80amp sub-mains (or whatever they're called these days) to a remote CU, I also install a 16mm earth-wire along with the feed cable to supplement the CPC in the supply cable.

Me again. :)

Fire alarm cables can be in PVC/PVC if the alarm system is addressable, otherwise Firetuff or the equivalent.

Last edited by a moderator:
all cables making up a fire alarm system should be fire res such fp200 inc mains supply according to bs5839 2002.detection used to be able to be t+e and bells in fp. double pole isolator is supposed to be fitted at panel aswell.

Reply to main equip bonding conductors. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock