Discuss Mains connection problem? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

legepe

-
Reaction score
Hi all
Maybe this type of question is not for this forum.. its just im struggling to get information
Ive attached a map detailing a local supply network
I need to have some idea where it would be possible to connect up to mains power supply
On the map it is the building between where it says HOTEL above and MARKET PLACE BELOW there is an orange and blue line coming off mains to 1PH which would be ideal if I could use this as a connection, however I cant find out what LV Service Logical Connection means, does anyone know what this is? and if not in use could this be used as a new mains connection (The building is office at the moment but I want to change it to 2/3 studio flats
Any advice very welcome.. or if you could point me in the right direction..
Unfortunately I dont have time to make any applications
Thanks
legepe

Attachments

• Market Place.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
This is a question only Northern Power Grid can answer re your connection in Hornsea.
They would need to assess whether the local network can support the extra demand from your development.

You have no choice but to make an application to them.

Presumably you are talking to them hence the map.

This is a question only Northern Power Grid can answer re your connection in Hornsea.
They would need to assess whether the local network can support the extra demand from your development.

You have no choice but to make an application to them.

Presumably you are talking to them hence the map.
Yes Ive been in contact with them.. but they are unwilling apart from the map which they said whoever sent me it shouldn't have done...
My problem is I simply dont have the time to make the application
I would still like to know if anyone can tell me what means Service Logical Connection, especially since it looks like its the only building on the map that has it?
Thank you very much for your reply though

My problem is I simply dont have the time to make the application
I would still like to know if anyone can tell me what means Service Logical Connection, especially since it looks like its the only building on the map that has it?
Thank you very much for your reply though

If you don't make the application you won't get the supply connected so isn't it a bit pointless asking the question?

My guess would be that an LV logical connection means that there is no record of where the service is actually installed but the marked line is the most likely logical route it would have been installed along.

Chances are you are going to need a 3 phase connection.

Perhaps you should have blanked out the name Peter Liddle

Reply to Mains connection problem? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock