Discuss Mains running on outside of house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this? I’ve just went and viewed 1 of my customers houses who wants a price for a re-wire...

Attachments

• Mains running on outside of house 4BB7FCBD-2EC8-4F5C-B713-184DB8FDA227 - EletriciansForums.net
    4BB7FCBD-2EC8-4F5C-B713-184DB8FDA227.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Mains running on outside of house B9F49C03-ED7E-4D5A-8471-BC15378B3E7E - EletriciansForums.net
    B9F49C03-ED7E-4D5A-8471-BC15378B3E7E.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 113
  • Mains running on outside of house 628B21DD-B86C-4AC5-8A68-C960078430CE - EletriciansForums.net
    628B21DD-B86C-4AC5-8A68-C960078430CE.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 113
Yes I’ve never seen them run across the front of the house like that- eye saw. I will get him to get the DNO out. He said he’d want the cable buried underground and put into the garage... anybody any rough guess how much this would cost?

that outside wiring is down tonDNO>however,looking at the circuit cables from CU. why does he want a rewire?

Love the buckle clips taking the cables down into the board. Looks like a real neat job. Wouldn't see many new builds like that

I must say I have never seen a DNO supply come in like that!

I can see they might want a new CU as the old Wylex one getting on, and at some point a 2nd box has been added (was it "white meter" storage heater at some point?). Odd they only have one MCB replacement in it! Guess for lights that kept blowing 5A fuse wire in the past?

My customer only purchased the house recently and got the keys this week so he has no past experiences with the house, he is contacting the DNO tomorrow. All the neighbouring houses have no cables on the outside of there property’s like this so let’s see what comes back....

my guess is that it was an overhead supply, converted to underground. maybe the Cut-out was in a different place originally, relocated when the porch was built?

Fairly common to have the supply run over the front of all the houses here. It's nice to see insulated joints, I've seen a few at that level are uninsulated and look to have always been that way...

Reply to Mains running on outside of house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock