Discuss Mains switch array in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GetFrodo

Hey there, watch out - newbie here :). All I really want is a nice, compact array of switches that I can mount on my tv wall mount to be able to individually power the different devices (tv, ps3, computer, etc). Four switches would be ok but 6 preferable (so I have two spare). All I can find is individual rocker or push switches which need soldering (screw connections like normal plugs would be so much nicer) and I know I won't be able to mount a row of them particularly neatly, and the wiring won't be pretty either (how do you neatly and safely split a wire 6-ways?). The TV mount doesn't have a lot of room which is why I'm not going down the simple, switchable extension lead route... I have a wooden surface which is long but just 54mm wide on which to mount the switches.

I'll be really grateful for any advice!

But wall mount what? I haven't found any arrays of switches... and it would be a pain to feed all the cables from the middle of the TV mount into the wall, back out to the switches etc etc.

Have just found this http://www.starlight.com/images/PC800front.jpg which is along the right lines, shame it is american and wrong voltage. I don't need illuminated switches, but not really a big deal if they are.

So do any of you know of something like that, ideally a bit more compact with screw terminals for the wires rather sockets? cheers!

Reply to Mains switch array in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really hope someone will be able to help. So last night I tried to change 2 ceiling rose / pendant lights at my mother in laws...
Replies
Views
Hello all. For years now I've used Phillips Hue smart bulbs in my 3, ceiling mounted lounge lights and have therefore never needed to switch them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a 2 way light switch in the main bedroom for the ceiling light (a wall switch and pullcord). I'm wanting to install LED strip...
Replies
Views
Extremely newbie question here. I'm looking to remove a redundant electric fireplace heater - it's wired into a switched fused spur on the wall...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock