Discuss making Faulty Towers again. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So I heard on the news this morning that they will be reviving Fault Towers. Also see below.

I can't see this going far. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original (as you can tell by my signature) but there will be too many people 'offended' if they keep a similar sense of humour.

"Nothing trivial I hope"
The sad reality is that while John Cleese is a genius he hasn't actually been very funny for rather a long time now, and the series wasn't just about him - it was the interaction between so many genius actors, and supporting actors e.g. the Major and Mrs Richards!
It's nearly impossible to return to a classic and surpass it.
Much as I love the original I fear that this will be cringeworthy if they proceed.
(Like the Yes Minister re-hash)

I don't remember reading when it will come out but I will give it a bash. See if it's any good.

Wont be the same without Andrew Sachs and Prunela Scales has alzheimers so can't see her being in it. Nope, I think they should just leave it.

Wont be the same without Andrew Sachs and Prunela Scales has alzheimers so can't see her being in it. Nope, I think they should just leave it.

True mate. All the cast in Faulty Towers were great.

Reply to making Faulty Towers again. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hi All Sorry for the lengthy first post and use of any non-standard terminology. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to electronics, hopefully...
Replies
Views
Hi there Complete novice electrical wise. I am refurbishing an old 1950s Injection Moulding machine and looking to replace the Power Timer...
Replies
Views
Hi THIS POST IS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF BRINGING LEGITIMATE ELECTRICIANS TOGETHER WHO HAVE PROFILES ON MYBUILDER RatedPeople AND OTHER SIMILAR...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock