Discuss Megaman downlight bulbs gone, but product discontinued - help! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there,

We moved into a house with a fair few spotlights. They've been going out here and there but now got to a point where we do need to replace them - only to find that they're integrated and the product is discontinued.

We have Megaman TH0106d 70mA 4000k 8w.

Photos of downlight and wiring connector attached.

Is there anything else that will fit?

Attachments

• 20210731_130430.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210731_133722.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210731_133726.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 19
Hi there,

We moved into a house with a fair few spotlights. They've been going out here and there but now got to a point where we do need to replace them - only to find that they're integrated and the product is discontinued.

We have Megaman TH0106d 70mA 4000k 8w.

Photos of downlight and wiring connector attached.

Is there anything else that will fit?
Bloody things bit me on the arse on a few jobs, i fitted them and they failed prematurely, there was a known problem with them and megaman were less than helpful.

You can either
A Replace the whole fitting.

B Replace the lampholder with a gu10 holder and fit normal gu10 leds.

C Try to find old stock of complete fittings on ebay to pinch the lamps out of.

Bloody things bit me on the arse on a few jobs, i fitted them and they failed prematurely, there was a known problem with them and megaman were less than helpful.

You can either
A Replace the whole fitting.

B Replace the lampholder with a gu10 holder and fit normal gu10 leds.

C Try to find old stock of complete fittings on ebay to pinch the lamps out of.
Ta very much!

Think we'll try option B. Just to check, it's buying this lampholder? GU10 Lamp Holder - https://www.downlights.co.uk/gu10-lamp-holder.html How easily can we fit it into the hole?

Thanks again.

Ta very much!

Think we'll try option B. Just to check, it's buying this lampholder? GU10 Lamp Holder - https://www.downlights.co.uk/gu10-lamp-holder.html How easily can we fit it into the hole?

Thanks again.
You'll need to tease the light fitting out of the ceiling disconnect the old connector from the terminal block of the light fitting and connect this one. Those in your link seem to have quite short legs on though, i think RS components had some that looked ok, branded vtac. Then just grab some gu10s from screwfix, their LAP branded ones are actually solid (most other lap branded stuff is poor)

You'll need to tease the light fitting out of the ceiling disconnect the old connector from the terminal block of the light fitting and connect this one. Those in your link seem to have quite short legs on though, i think RS components had some that looked ok, branded vtac. Then just grab some gu10s from screwfix, their LAP branded ones are actually solid (most other lap branded stuff is poor)
Ok great, thanks. Think we understand! Found this one - https://cpc.farnell.com/v-tac/3423/gu10-lampholder-with-pvc-cable/dp/LP10008 ? RS Components didn't seem to have any.

Thanks again - all new to us!

You'll save yourself time and effort if you buy GU10 cans that require the same size hole in the ceiling as the fittings you are removing. That would be for option A.
If you go for B, is there a method of retaining GU10 LEDs in the fitting?

You'll save yourself time and effort if you buy GU10 cans that require the same size hole in the ceiling as the fittings you are removing. That would be for option A.
If you go for B, is there a method of retaining GU10 LEDs in the fitting?
Yea they hold in a spring at the front similar to how the old jcc shower fittings held the lamp up against the glass

Reply to Megaman downlight bulbs gone, but product discontinued - help! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net