Discuss Messed up order. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The one good thing I note about buying wago boxes at screwfix apart from the price is they have that little insert that you can screw on to the joist or whatever and slide the box on to. Denmans don't supply that which is slightly aggravating.
That is very useful to know. I never buy Wagos from screwfix as I get them cheaper at direct trade supplies, but you don't get the insert. I may have to consider screwfix! Thanks Vortigern.

and the screws rust.

so that's what's wrong with my brain.. bloody NHS scrimping and not using stainless screws

Open weekends - so Screwfix will always get my custom. The prices are fixed and not a mystery from certain wholesalers (except cable which is well expensive). Always check the order whether from Screwfix or wholesaler - type AC RCD inside a box marked A (Wylex), Cracked MK surface box, Tower surface box with no captive brass nuts in the housing. These are manufacturer issues not sale outlet but they are pig to find when on site and fitting after the fact!

I was in my local wholesalers (I won’t say which one, as there’s only 2) and looking for customer requested brass dimmer switch.
Got one off the shelf and they said they would order another in.
A week and a bit later (yes, that long) the other switch comes and it’s flat plate.... whereas the first one was raised edge.
It was explained that it was possibly a customer returned item, but had been brought back in the wrong packaging. They ordered off the part number on the packaging.

Good job my customer wasn’t in a hurry.

I’m finding Screwfix are not as cheap as they used to be for certain items

Littlespark , yes Screwfux have put up their prices quite a bit in recent years.

I use Amazon quite a bit these days , as if I order something today it will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow morning

just can’t stand going in and having to wait in line while mr and mrs Buy all their diy stuff
Most screwfix stores have a separate counter for electrifix and plumbfix customers so you don't have to do this, although it does mean you may have to wait with plumbers which is arguably worse.... Free donuts and biscuits though.

Sometimes the descriptions in Screwfix catalogue are weird:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/16mm-copper-tube-lug-8mm-stud-hole-pack-of-10/54720

A copper tube lug that insulates well...maybe that's why I am having a continuity issue?

With respect Static, it's my age that allows me to see the problem. There are many examples of lazy cut 'n' paste in the catalogue, and recently I pointed out to Screwfix that despite what there "More Info" box stated, the MR16 lamps were NOT suitable for mains voltage. They had simply cut 'n' pasted from another page...not that anyone would be so daft as to connect them to the mains...
or would they?
OK, I am old, but that doesn't mean I have to like the sh*t that...

However, I readily accept your preamble of "for entertainment only"!

I hate returns though...too much hassle for an old pirate!

HA! Just goes to show...
I ignored the not apt to age part, but clearly all part of the same cut 'n' paste exercise...presumably meaning to refer to the insulated parts of the crimps shown alongside.

Chance indeed...!

It must be beer o'clock, surely?

With respect Static, it's my age that allows me to see the problem. There are many examples of lazy cut 'n' paste in the catalogue, and recently I pointed out to Screwfix that despite what there "More Info" box stated, the MR16 lamps were NOT suitable for mains voltage. They had simply cut 'n' pasted from another page...not that anyone would be so daft as to connect them to the mains...
or would they?
OK, I am old, but that doesn't mean I have to like the sh*t that...

However, I readily accept your preamble of "for entertainment only"!

I hate returns though...too much hassle for an old pirate!

Returns are a nightmare - especially since screwfix is the default store at the weekend when the job is urgent, a priority and being fitted now! To rush from site to Screwfix and back, fitting and then... finding a problem is a royal pain! I now check everything in store before leaving.

Let's all slag off Screwfix, eh?
I ordered a dozen RCBOs, and 6 of them were exactly what it said on the box, the ratings on the others were all wrong. Now, is this a case of careless packing at the factory, or careless repacking of returned goods, by Screwfix? Or maybe the original customer returned a few that were surplus to requirements, and just bunged them in the wrong boxes and Screwfix just re stocked them without checking?
I took the wrong ones back, and opened the replacement ones at the counter...2 of 6 were wrong again.
Having said that, normally I am happy with their service and returns and where else can you get some essential stuff at sparrow-fart on a saturday or sunday?
Good for some stuff, not so good for others, imho. Not correct to dismiss them completely as they do provide a service.
The grim reaper provides a service and stay far away from him too :)

Reply to Messed up order. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net