Discuss Metal chequer plate floor bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

newfutile

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
In a communal electric intake room for flats (meter room) there is lots of bonded trunking and tray, also the metal door frames were found to have extraneous parts linked to earth , these have now been bonded.
They have now fitted a metal floor , i have not conducted a IR test to earth as yet.
should this be bonded to earth regardless? To form a faraday cage as such?

I would bond it. Chances are it is under 21k ohm to true Earth by even slightly damp concrete so "extraneous" for electric shock risks.

Probably not obvious if wearing any sort of shoes, but kneeling down to work on anything lower with even slightly damp clothes could be a risk.

Reply to Metal chequer plate floor bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning everyone. I’m looking at getting an EV charger installed at my home and the company is requesting that I earth bond my water supply...
Replies
Views
We have had 2 metal steps installed to cover main supply cables (out to flats) from a Ryefield . when measured IR from MET to steps i got 0.091...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Just thoughts Id share my recent fun and games on my parents farm.. The electrics are old. Its a 400yr old house with outbuildings just as old...
Replies
Views
A 'Sunday challenge' for the qualified electricians.... Can anyone explain why a built-in gas meter housing box that is located 600mm above a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock