Discuss might lose a finger tomorrow :(, neighbour from hell in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

elsparko

what a fantastic start to the week, neighbours pitbull off its lead in the landing unsupervised, attacked my dog for the second time, managed to get my fist in the pitbulls mouth, sheared my pinky like a bit of 16mm tail :(.

never thought a man as handsome as i would have to visit a plastic surgeon.

any of you lot got a spare pinky lying about?

yea i reported it but its as if the police couldnt be bothered dealing with it, away to get in touch with lndlord and solicitors today, neighbour wanted to fight me after their dog had attacked me, never stayed next to such idiots in my life

How come you're having to wait until tomorrow? Sorry to say but the quicker they can start re attaching the more likely they are to save the finger.

I'd push the police into action, awful that you've damaged your hand but imagine it getting it's mouth round a childs arm or neck.

I'd also look at putting a claim through the criminal compensation act for any potential lost earnings caused by this.

How come you're having to wait until tomorrow? Sorry to say but the quicker they can start re attaching the more likely they are to save the finger.

I'd push the police into action, awful that you've damaged your hand but imagine it getting it's mouth round a childs arm or neck.

I'd also look at putting a claim through the criminal compensation act for any potential lost earnings caused by this.

dont think there was any surgeons in last night, their dog is a vicious piece of work, just latched onto my dogs chest/neck area, i was ready to kill this dog this time if it didnt let go in a timely manner, if its him or my boy(my dug) the choice is already made for me.

the hardest part at the moment is trying to keep myself calm, would this fall under duty of care of landlord if they have been reported numerous times and no action taken?

Not sure what the landlords responsibilities are. I've no doubt your solicitor would advise.

The dog however is most certainly the polices responsibility under the dangerous dog act. The laws have toughened up on owners too I believe.

The Dangerous Dogs Act applies to any dog that is dangerously out of control in public, in private or in a home. The definition of 'dangerously out of control' in the Act is:

1. If a dog injures someone or
  2. If a dog makes someone worried that it might injure someone
  3. If a dog attacks another dog or
  4. If the owner of a dog thinks it is going to attack another dog
There are stiff penalties for a dangerously out of control dog and these depend on the severity of the incident. There is a penalty of up to six months in prison and/or an unlimited fine for a dog that is dangerously out of control.

If a dog injures you whilst it is dangerously out of control, its owner could be sent to prison for up to five years with an unlimited fine. If a dog kills someone whilst it is dangerously out of control, the owner can face up to fourteen years in prison, along with an unlimited fine.

Any dog found to be dangerously out of control will be destroyed unless the Court is convinced that the dog does not pose a danger to the public.

Not sure what the landlords responsibilities are. I've no doubt your solicitor would advise.

The dog however is most certainly the polices responsibility under the dangerous dog act. The laws have toughened up on owners too I believe.

i managed to make a short video showing mywound, the dog off its lead and uncontrollable by any of my neighbours, and also her shouting and screaming

If you had formally reported this dangerous dog to their landlord and they did nothing, especially if it is a banned breed, you may have a claim against the landlord and the tenant.

I know all dogs have the potential to inflict this sort of thing but why these half wits want pitbulls is beyond me. Good luck mate at the hospital.

If you had formally reported this dangerous dog to their landlord and they did nothing, especially if it is a banned breed, you may have a claim against the landlord and the tenant.
yes, been reported twice before even some of it happened infront of communal cctv but they never bothered to retrieve that for us, also there is no heat detector in the kitchen ;)

There should be a law that all dogs with a dangerous biting power must be muzzled whilst in public places. That's my opinion.
I once owned 2 Staffordshire bull terriers. As friendly as they were (lovely natured dogs) I knew full well their potential for harm, so I always muzzled them when taking them out for walks and would always keep them on their leads whilst in public areas.

I would never trust any dog alone around young children. No matter how well you think you know your dog, it only takes one moment of uncharacteristic behaviour and someone could be seriously harmed.

The idiots who allow this sort of thing (as per OP) should be prosecuted and banned from pet ownership.

I thought put bulls were always illegal even if they haven't attacked anyone. Here they are a prohibited breed and if it's proven to be a pit bull then it is automatically sentenced to death.

Get the council involved and email your local MP explaining the substation and the lack of action by the Police.

Who is the landlord and what are the terms of the lease?

I would contact the police and raise a complaint bringing it to the attention of the duty sargeant. If this produces no results I would escalate it to my local councillor. This make me quite angry that police are not moving to protect citizens from serious harm as is their duty. You can sue the police where they have failed to meet their duty and harm has resulted. You need to keep a log of events. When contacting the police or landlords you should also advise them of your intention to invole your councillor in the absence of a satisfactory resolution. You might also enlist the support of other tenants who have been bothered by this person. The way the polic work is that they will rarely intervene if just one person complains they want more people to make a complaint and then they will act.

There should be a law that all dogs with a dangerous biting power must be muzzled whilst in public places. That's my opinion.
I once owned 2 Staffordshire bull terriers. As friendly as they were (lovely natured dogs) I knew full well their potential for harm, so I always muzzled them when taking them out for walks and would always keep them on their leads whilst in public areas.

I would never trust any dog alone around young children. No matter how well you think you know your dog, it only takes one moment of uncharacteristic behaviour and someone could be seriously harmed.

The idiots who allow this sort of thing (as per OP) should be prosecuted and banned from pet ownership.
definitely, there should be a license to own animals as most humans seem not to have the capabilities to teach their own children, nevermind animal training.

there are several young children in the block, so im wondering if it will take someone dying before the landlord does anything, such incompetence grinds my gears.

i gave them benefit of the doubt last time that it was a mistake, but now they are openly weaponising their dog against me and my family, time for someone to go to jail.

Get the council involved and email your local MP explaining the substation and the lack of action by the Police.

Who is the landlord and what are the terms of the lease?
grampian housing association, i will be going to the press, my mp, my solicitor and arrange a meeting with ipcc to file complaints against the officers that attended.

landlords have a duty of care to make sure their tenants have dogs on leads in buildings at all times, no exceptions, this is the 2nd time its been off its lead in public area, no muzzle either and this time it bit me badly aswell as my dog who was on a lead and coming in from a walk.

i should be able to enter my own home without fear of assault

Too true, the Police in this day and age are only interested in the easy to fine cases to bring the revenue.

Be smart and be calm, MP's can be handy as they have influence and the Police and HA don't want them on their backs.

You could also ask the HA to move you to a nice house........... as you are in "fear" of your neighbour. You need to play the game.

Reply to might lose a finger tomorrow :(, neighbour from hell in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock