Discuss Mira Sport 9.8kw Shower Problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

AJ284

-
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here.
As in the title, been having an issue with my shower. The LED on the pull chord goes off when I turn the shower on. Lights on the shower do not come on either and no water comes out.
So far, I have changed the latching switch and the solenoid coil but no luck.

Any ideas?

Hi guys I'm new here.
As in the title, been having an issue with my shower. The LED on the pull chord goes off when I turn the shower on. Lights on the shower do not come on either and no water comes out.
So far, I have changed the latching switch and the solenoid coil but no luck.
It's more than likely the N in the pull cord has become loose, ore was not connected properly in the first place, the cause you are experiencing will probably be "pull cord ON shower On current causes the N to break contact, result Pull cord OFF Shower OFF repair, get an Electrician involved, change the pull cord don't waste more money changing stuff in the shower body, you don't need to change.
Any ideas?

Thanks guys. Will get a look at the pullchord later today and maybe buy a new one. I'll go from there.
Cheers

I think he needs to check the connections in the switch, renew probably,then don't use the isolator as if it was a light switch on/shower/off then on/shower /off etc

Switch it on and then forget it exists,it will save that pull cord from an early grave

I think he needs to check the connections in the switch, renew probably,then don't use the isolator as if it was a light switch on/shower/off then on/shower /off etc

Switch it on and then forget it exists,it will save that pull cord from an early grave

You mean leave the pull chord on all the time and just work with the power button on the shower?

on another note, mira offer a free call out and repair service on all their showers up to 12 months, used it last week for a customer

If the light on the switch goes out when the shower is switched on this indicates a loose/burnt connection at the pull switch or somewhere heading back to the consumer unit.

99% it will be the pull cord, probably overheated on the neutral side.
Fit new pull cord making sure the terminals are tight and in future pull cord on, shower on, shower off, pull cord off.

Reply to Mira Sport 9.8kw Shower Problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock