Discuss MK RCBO product recall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not many judging by the lack of response so far.

I saw this notice on the counter at my local TLC last week - as I tend to avoid MK products its not of huge interest to me.

That said how would most people actually track the products that they have installed?

Not many judging by the lack of response so far.

I saw this notice on the counter at my local TLC last week - as I tend to avoid MK products its not of huge interest to me.

That said how would most people actually track the products that they have installed?

Yeah that's the problem. Luckily is not their RCD's as nearly every wholesaler i've been in have been banging out MK fully populated dual RCD boards on a deal since January.

I use Intuit Quickbooks and do make an entry against all the supplier invoices I get, focused mainly on the "more expensive" items - so in theory I could do an export to excel and do a search for MK!

Not sure I can be bothered!

Wonder if they are going to pay for installers time like Wylex did with the MCB's a few years back. That was sweet, I had 30 odd eligible DB's on that recall, a few were at same job but you were paid per DB checked. Happy days they were. Kerrrching!!

Last edited:
Wonder if they are going to pay for installers time like Wylex did with the MCB's a few years back. That was sweet, I had 30 odd eligible DB's on that recall, a few were at same job but you were paid per DB checked. Happy days they were. Kerrrching!!

But on the flip side, makes me wonder how many dodgy Wylex MCBs might still be in service, surely some slipped through the net. As for MK, well I never use it as I find it has a cheap/nasty feel about it these days, just like their accessories. I remember my dad banging on about how MK accessories used to be the best and its sad that it has become just another trading name for an electronics giant....

I have just come across this, and I have two separate jobs and 6 RCBO's in total to check.
MK have the switch on the left and are thin which makes them ideal for some situations.
I hope they are going to pay as I don’t keep boxes, so have to rip the CU apart to look at the back of the RCBO's.

Posted elsewhere on this. I had two faulty RCBO's at one job, that my wholesalers eventually swapped. MK are directly taking on the replacement of installed products. I have another install with potentially faulty RCBO's - date range from July 15 to June 16 (approx) - but the ones I installed tested correctly, and still have one I didn't use which is outside the faulty batch codes. I'm waiting to hear back from MK.

Once you've registered with MK, they will apparently directly send you replacements. If your items are within those batch codes, you can then swap them. They were offering some of their products, as reimbursement for your time. I was thinking more like hard cash, hourly rate!

Here's another couple of links;

http://www.rcboexchange.co.uk/
http://www.rcboexchange.co.uk/resources/How to Identify Potentially Affected Product.pdf

PS, ooppps sorry, see Lees already posted last link.

Last edited:

Reply to MK RCBO product recall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net