Discuss Monthly / quarterly newsletter?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sanke

Hi all
I am thinking of creating and emailing a monthly / quarterly newsletter to email to my existing & prospextive customers. Just wanted to know if the forum thought this was a good idea & if so how often. And if anyone already does the same & could they maybe send me a copy ?
Thanks

Well the only people that can really answer this is your customers................. and perhaps an email canvasing them would tell you that.

It is surprising how hard it is to get a newsletter together as you need quite a lot of information, and interesting information at that to fill it.

What are you proposing to provide in it? List of latest innovations, special offers you are carrying as a company, articles on new technology , amusing anecdotes.?

I only know personally that when I buy something on line or order a service in the tick box marked monthly newsletter I always so no please, and you will be viing with literally thousands and thousands of spam mails.

But first move for me would be to ask you existing customers if it is something they would be interested in

I can't say its a great idea, I think your time would be spent better elsewhere BUT... I recently did abit of a campaign and sent about 100 emails advertising our PAT testing services to local companies, and I did get a job from it!

It was a charity, so I charged them a low rate, and now I've got all 3 of their offices around our area.

I think the problem is though, people go on google to look for pat testers, whereas sparkying is more word of mouth and reputation based...

I have a pat testing site and an electrical site, and the pat testing site gets around 50 hits a week, which doesn't sound like a lot but they're all potential customers in my area.

My electrical site on the other hand... I don't even bother looking at that and how many hits that's had... Most are from london and india - call centers In other words....

If your still gonna go ahead however, don't make it "spammy"

I basically put for my PAT testing one: I'm local, I live in your town, ill do you a good job, ill do it right, at a good rate... Be abit more "friendly" than "buy my services" is what I'm trying to say?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

I've not done a newsletter, but recently did a proper, personally addressed letter in the post to most of my existing customers, reminding them of the range of work I undertake. I've had a few positive results, including friends of existing customers. I think it might be worth doing this every couple of years or so.

I personally would probably add your email address to my spam folder if I kept receiving updates.

Whilst it sounds like a good idea many homes are being bombarded with crap from someone somewhere want to sell you their services and unfortunately, anything that I get sent ends up in the relevant file AKA as Dusty Bin.

As mentioned, I'm sure you will be able to come up with something similar that will have the desired effect. I personally like the sound of an annual reminder.

Good luck:thumbsup

Reply to Monthly / quarterly newsletter?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock