Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Motor control for chicken house in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All, Due to unforseen circumstances I have inherited a chicken farmer as a customer. He has just taken on another free range egg unit and wishes to install motorised 'pop holes' so that he can remotely open and close the doors for the chickens via a GSM module.(there are also push buttons in the plant room to manually operate.) He already has purchased a suitable motor / gearbox arrangement with limit switches and emergency limits (S11 & S12 are the working switches) .
I am somewhat out of my comfort zone here but have drawn up the attached layout to control the motor. I have omitted circuit protection, neutral & earth for clarity. I think this will work, but have I missed anything? I don't think emergency stops are required as the doors close really really slowly and will be camera monitored. I have tried to consider all possible conditions but am now going a bit cross eyed so might well have messed up. Am therefore appealing to the collective wisdom. Looking forward to replies! Thanks. John

View attachment pop hole 001.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

netblindpaul

-
Mentor
Arms

darkwood

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Motor control for chicken house in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom