Discuss Motor controls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Frosty69

Hi people,

I am trying to find a ready built replacement for the motor controls that I have attached pictures of. I have tried google but just get lots of rubbish.
Does anybody know of a company that do them? The controls are only controlling one pump local to the start/stop button and just need updating as there really old and the factory is trying to bring itself back to a more modern state.
I will attach pics of current controls and typical pump spec.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 39
It's an old MEM star/delta starter....and as stated looks to be 415v coils.

Go to any local wholesaler and ask for a 'Star/Delta starter with 415v coils with desired motor amp overload' and jobs a good'un.

New flex glands and appropriate sealant would save alot of money also a rust barrier spray paint, i assume its working fine and just showing a bit of asthetic rusting, you should also address the cause of the water running down the starter whether or not you make good old or replace. If water is an ongoing issue then a new starter is needed as existing wont be IP rated remember to specify IP rating if starter to be fixed in same position.

Thanks a lot guys I've got an electric centre up the road so I will drop in next week. Always good to see that several people reply unlike other sites that you never get replies to.
Thanks again

Reply to Motor controls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Heeelp! I have an 11kW/21A motor which is attached to a hydraulic power pack. I have replaced the old panels with new, using the same star delta...
Replies
Views
We are having issues with our electrical system. In the garage, dining room, kitchen, one of two bathrooms, master bedroom and the front yard...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an all-in-one washer/dryer unit and it is giving me error codes. I have the manual that describes how to test the various...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock