Discuss Motor repair recommendations Wilts/Glos in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all,

My client has salvaged a car workshop ramp. The casing where the connections/ capacitor are housed on the motor has been destroyed. Can anyone recommend a local firm (South Gloucestershire) that carry out these sort of repairs?

Its not a job I can do.

Many thanks,

James

20180207_100543.jpg

Deritend or Brammer will sort that, but it look like it would be easier/cheaper to replace it. I've not come across a Nantong Xiong motor before but something tells me there not going to be worth saving.

Evening all,

My client has salvaged a car workshop ramp. The casing where the connections/ capacitor are housed on the motor has been destroyed. Can anyone recommend a local firm (South Gloucestershire) that carry out these sort of repairs?

Its not a job I can do.

Many thanks,

James

View attachment 40681

Hi,if he is your client,you might want to recommend he sources an original motor,from a current distributor.
He will get away with modifying the ramp,if he is using it solely,and nobody else has use or access.

If not,he needs to check out LOLER and PUWER,as even fitting what seems like an identical motor,without manufacturer/designer consent,is unauthorised modification.

It all sounds very dull...especially when,as youngsters,we used to get our 4x4's up on scaffold boards across beer barrels,to swap gearboxes,clutches,etc...but it is,what it is :)

Thanks for the info Lee.

Hi PEG. It is solely for his personal use. I will make him aware of the points you have raised. However I won't mention about planks and beer barrels though because he does like to save money where possible.

Thanks.

James

Reply to Motor repair recommendations Wilts/Glos in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net