Discuss Moving to radials in Kitchens in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dishwasher.... Mrs Tel
Coffee maker.... Mrs Tel
Juicer.. ????
Smoothie maker...???
TVs...can't have 'er indoors watching telly i want my dinner.
Plate warmer .... for snowflakes
Steam oven .. she's got a steam iron
Plinth heater..for wimps
second ovens... no room
Instant hot water taps..... shower upstairs,

Dishwasher.... Mrs Tel
Coffee maker.... Mrs Tel
Juicer.. ????
Smoothie maker...???
Plinth heater..for wimps
second ovens... no room

Luddite!!

Chauvanistic and Proud.

Dishwasher.... Mrs Tel
Coffee maker.... Mrs Tel
Juicer.. ????
Smoothie maker...???
Plinth heater..for wimps
second ovens... no room
In my house at present smoothie maker AINT GOT ONE
Steam Iron in the cupboard
Fan heater for HID
Hot water Kettle
Tea Coffee Kettle
Plate
warmer who kin needs one
She has a TV what more can I say
Access to fresh air Patio Door Telephone extension
Boiler control near by
Like Tel Chauvinist and proud of it
Kick plate set in two inches so She can get closer to the sink
Kitchen all white to go with the wedding dress
Should I go on? remember the Son is a forum member so perhaps I had better STFU

as my old man used to say..... " i wear the trousers, your mother wears the knickers ".

Correct Tel but a trifle un PC don't you think? I bin taking Snow flake lessons, curtesy of HID

i don't give a monkey's for all this pc shyte. if we'd had it back in 1940, we'd not have gone to war, afraid of offending despots with Charlie Chaplin moustaches .

not me mate.i got no nerves. guy once told me i had the emotional responses of a house brick.

I've been using 4mm radial more recently but it's not a silver bullet due to C factors mentioned earlier. I've also started putting the washer dryer circuit on a ring - which is effectively 5mm - perfectly balanced and no sockets - just the connection units for both. If using MCBs on 4mm I usually start off with 20A and change it to 32 later but then I get a better idea about what was added - RCBO's a bit more expensive, so you need to be mindful of the cost. I think the next regs will see thermal efficiency on steroids and we'll be running heavier cables at low current.

I've been using 4mm radial more recently but it's not a silver bullet due to C factors mentioned earlier. I've also started putting the washer dryer circuit on a ring - which is effectively 5mm - perfectly balanced and no sockets - just the connection units for both. If using MCBs on 4mm I usually start off with 20A and change it to 32 later but then I get a better idea about what was added - RCBO's a bit more expensive, so you need to be mindful of the cost. I think the next regs will see thermal efficiency on steroids and we'll be running heavier cables at low current.
Why 5mm on a ring

Deleted

Why do you not want to run a 32a ring?
the only issue with 4mm radials is the looping in and out of accessories can be tight.

The last kitchen job i done was overkill because the client had not an idea if they wanted 1.2kw kick space heaters etc :
x1 40a circuit for oven
x1 32a ring for all kitchen appliances and adjoining utility room
x1 32a ring for all sockets within the kitchen

over kill but wont get any issues with overloading, plus sometimes 4mm cable on a 32a is a grey area given installation method

put whatever you think is best, more is better than less, cable is the cheapest bit. Kitchens and bathrooms have become a major stage production.
BUT
what about the latest fashion here in New Zealand for 6kw++ induction hobs plus 1 or even 2 ovens?

We don't do ring circuits here in NZ but I would run at least 2 radial 2.5mm circuits around the benches ( for appliances, microwaves, rangehood, usb chargers etc etc) plus a 2.5 circuit to the island bench for the dual dishdrawer, instant hot water as well as a couple of 4mm or 6 mm circuits for the ovens and hobs. Yes there are some up market Kiwi kitchens that have 2 hobs and 2 ovens.
We never put clothes washer/dryers in the kitchen, they go in either the laundry or laundry alcove in the double or treble garage.
Oh and here in NZ 25amp breakers are as common as muck

Reply to Moving to radials in Kitchens in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock