NAPIT Certification Scheme napit inspection

Discuss napit inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

paddy1c

Hi just decided to go it alone so registered with napit so i was wondering what to expect at the visit any tips would be appreciated

Hi just decided to go it alone so registered with napit so i was wondering what to expect at the visit any tips would be appreciated
Thinking of doing the same but haven't registered with any bodies yet any advice on this or just general advice on starting up do i actually need to reg i am qualified and comp have c&g2391

Napit are fairly straight forward. They will come out and firstly check that you have all the correct documentation, i.e. Regs, On-site Guide, EAWR, Health & Safety policy, insurance etc.

Check that you have the correct tools to do the Job. Test equipment, calibrations etc.

Test your knowledge on the Regs, asking you questions and giving you examples to trouble shoot.

Go with you to a job (with test meters) inspect the job and ask you to perform tests on the installation.

Once complete, they will let you know if you are successful.

Remember they aren't there to trip you up.

Hi warren
where would i obtain a copy of the EAWR 1989 and a health and safety policy thats relevant to me as a sole trader?? :confused:

By the way thanks for that testing pdf, that will come in well handy :D ;)

Napit are fairly straight forward. They will come out and firstly check that you have all the correct documentation, i.e. Regs, On-site Guide, EAWR, Health & Safety policy, insurance etc.

Check that you have the correct tools to do the Job. Test equipment, calibrations etc.

Test your knowledge on the Regs, asking you questions and giving you examples to trouble shoot.

Go with you to a job (with test meters) inspect the job and ask you to perform tests on the installation.

Once complete, they will let you know if you are successful.

Remember they aren't there to trip you up.
Thanks for your advice warren
napit inspection {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hi warren
where would i obtain a copy of the EAWR 1989 and a health and safety policy thats relevant to me as a sole trader?? :confused:

By the way thanks for that testing pdf, that will come in well handy :D ;)

Flukey,

The EAWR is only a small book produced by HSE. I think I have an old copy but you can purchase a copy of the newer version at:

Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 HSE | WHSmith

or

Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989

or

Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (Hseb): HSE: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Slightly cheaper through Smiths or Amazon than HSE.

In terms of a health & Safety policy, it is really about having procedures in place covering H&S i.e. logs of equipment used and safety revolving them.

The Napit guy that assessed me gave me computer files for logging stuff to cover H&S.

I will have to take a look at what I have.

I wouldn't worry to much about it, as long as you have your insurances, calibrations, BS7671 docs etc, you will probably have most stuff covered.

I emailed Napit about the Health & safety policy and they told me as a sole trader I won't need it as it ony applies to firms of 5 or more.

Chris your probably right, I am Ltd Co. so some of the computer files I was given are probably for expansion days as a Ltd Co.

Warren

Reply to napit inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock