Search the forum,

Discuss nappit assesment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andrewcann

hi all can anyone help have my assesment this week and cant find a waste disposel statement ant where or what the hell one is lol also anyone got a health and saftety policy statement any help would be great full

The easiest way to satisy that section, is to draw up a statement on a piece of A4 paper, and state on it that you do not carry waste

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
General Statement

It is the policy of ……………………………………………………………(name/business)
To recognise our responsibilities as an employer to prevent injury and ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all our employees.
I/We also accept out statutory duty to conduct our undertaking in such a way so as to ensure that persons not in our employment, who may be affected by our working activities, are not exposed to risk to their health and safety.
Responsibilities

Name……………………………………………..………….(Position……………………………………..)
Has overall responsibility for the health, safety and welfare, and will ensure that the policy is properly implemented, monitored and periodically reviewed, in accordance with all statutory provisions.
As an organisation, I/We will take all reasonably practical steps to meet these responsibilities paying particular attention to the provisions and maintenance of:
a)
Safe place of work and access

b)
A health working environment

c)
Plant, equipment and systems of work

d)
Safe arrangements for their use

e)
Sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision

f)
Adequate facilities for welfare at work

g)
Protective clothing and equipment

Employee and Subcontractor Responsibilities
It is the duty of every employee or subcontractor whilst at work to:
a)
Take care of both their own health and safety and the health and safety of others who may be affected or influenced by their actions

b)
Co-operate with the organisation in fulfilling our legal and moral obligations

Failure to observe these duties may lead to disciplinary actions.

Signed…………………………………………(managing director/owner) Date………………….

Reviewed by…………………………………..(position…………………..) Date………………….

Action taken………………………………………………………………….Date………………….

Last edited:
If first assessment I wouldn't worry too much, they will give you links to standard stuff on their website when you join. They won't fail you on it.

Its all fairly standard stuff as well, I'll see if I can dig out what I have, can you PM me your email address?

Andrewcann, the downloads section of the NAPIT website has a copy of a health and safety policy. As for the waste disposal, well that's easy enough, it's just a statement. Mine says ********** Electrical Limited does not carry or store waste. All waste is left onsite for customer to dispose off. That simple, at the end of the day the waste was the customers property in the first place. My Napit assessor has always been happy with this.

Reply to nappit assesment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net