• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss NEC 358.30 EMT conduit attachment in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hello,
I had a question about the 3 foot supports after conduit body. I am running my EMT conduit around the fascia as pictured below. I don't want to do a 45 bend because i think it will be difficult to get the wired pulled through on my second story so i went with a 30 degree bend. My question is i know it says i have to support it 3 feet after a conduit body so does fasteining it to the roof fascia where i have it circled on the picture count? otherwise the next point where it hits the side of the house is 5 feet so i was wondering if exception 1 was applicable in this scenario.

Exception No. 1: Fastening of unbroken lengths shall be permitted to be increased to a distance of 1.5 m (5 ft) where structural members do not readily permit fastening within 900 mm (3 ft).

Thank you for your helpConduit_photo.jpg

Jason

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I'd advise sending a message to a moderator and asking them to move this thread to the USA section of the forum.
The majority of the forum is UK based and you may not get the help you need in the solar section.

Megawatt

-
Arms
Hello,
I had a question about the 3 foot supports after conduit body. I am running my EMT conduit around the fascia as pictured below. I don't want to do a 45 bend because i think it will be difficult to get the wired pulled through on my second story so i went with a 30 degree bend. My question is i know it says i have to support it 3 feet after a conduit body so does fasteining it to the roof fascia where i have it circled on the picture count? otherwise the next point where it hits the side of the house is 5 feet so i was wondering if exception 1 was applicable in this scenario.

Exception No. 1: Fastening of unbroken lengths shall be permitted to be increased to a distance of 1.5 m (5 ft) where structural members do not readily permit fastening within 900 mm (3 ft).

Thank you for your helpView attachment 51733

Jason
The NEC has different stipulations on different size conduits and what they being used for 3/4 met every 6 feet straight runs at LB’s like you have is 6 inches but if you have it strapped good and you don’t have a lot of choices you should be fine
Post automatically merged:

The NEC has different stipulations on different size conduits and what they being used for 3/4 met every 6 feet straight runs at LB’s like you have is 6 inches but if you have it strapped good and you don’t have a lot of choices you should be fine
That conduit is in compliance with the NEC regulations
Hello,

Thank you for your helpView attachment 51733

Jason
the 3 foot rule is coming out of panels

Reply to NEC 358.30 EMT conduit attachment in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom