Discuss NEC 358.30 EMT conduit attachment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,
I had a question about the 3 foot supports after conduit body. I am running my EMT conduit around the fascia as pictured below. I don't want to do a 45 bend because i think it will be difficult to get the wired pulled through on my second story so i went with a 30 degree bend. My question is i know it says i have to support it 3 feet after a conduit body so does fasteining it to the roof fascia where i have it circled on the picture count? otherwise the next point where it hits the side of the house is 5 feet so i was wondering if exception 1 was applicable in this scenario.

Exception No. 1: Fastening of unbroken lengths shall be permitted to be increased to a distance of 1.5 m (5 ft) where structural members do not readily permit fastening within 900 mm (3 ft).

Thank you for your helpNEC 358.30 EMT conduit attachment Conduit_photo - EletriciansForums.net

Jason

I'd advise sending a message to a moderator and asking them to move this thread to the USA section of the forum.
The majority of the forum is UK based and you may not get the help you need in the solar section.

Hello,
I had a question about the 3 foot supports after conduit body. I am running my EMT conduit around the fascia as pictured below. I don't want to do a 45 bend because i think it will be difficult to get the wired pulled through on my second story so i went with a 30 degree bend. My question is i know it says i have to support it 3 feet after a conduit body so does fasteining it to the roof fascia where i have it circled on the picture count? otherwise the next point where it hits the side of the house is 5 feet so i was wondering if exception 1 was applicable in this scenario.

Exception No. 1: Fastening of unbroken lengths shall be permitted to be increased to a distance of 1.5 m (5 ft) where structural members do not readily permit fastening within 900 mm (3 ft).

Thank you for your helpView attachment 51733

Jason
The NEC has different stipulations on different size conduits and what they being used for 3/4 met every 6 feet straight runs at LB’s like you have is 6 inches but if you have it strapped good and you don’t have a lot of choices you should be fine
[automerge]1568939245[/automerge]
The NEC has different stipulations on different size conduits and what they being used for 3/4 met every 6 feet straight runs at LB’s like you have is 6 inches but if you have it strapped good and you don’t have a lot of choices you should be fine
That conduit is in compliance with the NEC regulations
Hello,

Thank you for your helpView attachment 51733

Jason
the 3 foot rule is coming out of panels

Reply to NEC 358.30 EMT conduit attachment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock