Discuss Need a lil' help..... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry to butt in, Although i agree with you guys about the 2391 being a must for all sparks to do testing, but we don't live in a ideal world and as far as the Law is concerned anyone can do a PIR as long as they are competent..lol..... there are lots of guys out there who have been testing for years but have never done the 2391 exam.........crazy world we live in.......:D

Quite agree but competent is the operative word , :)

Just to perhaps add some clarification for the OP.. and im only rewording what others have said..
sparky05084
ANYONE can change a consumer unit...
ANYONE can do any amount of electrical work in a dwelling..

however.... (here it comes)

a DIYer, or for that matter an electrician NOT part of a self certification scheme. MUST inform local building control, PRIOR to starting (notifiable) work, and when its completed, must then pay for local building control to test and inspect the work to ensure its up to standard.. And its that last bit which usually makes it unviable for the DIYer or indeed the non part P spark.. (due to the cost)

I agree with the others (having paid for and passed) that 2391 is desireable, but sadly not widely the case.
I was amazed at how many well established sparks were at the exam when i took mine, and many of them weren't taking it for the first time..!!

Reply to Need a lil' help..... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi brains trust, I am aware of typical wiring and legalities hence the questions. Looking for a wiring diagram to allow me to use a dual switch...
Replies
Views
Does a SPD need a dedicated way? I need an extra way in this unit for a 3 phase car charger As you can see its a small unit with no extra...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Just to be clear… I am going to do the correct thing here and pay for the correct parts…. I just wanted to start the discussion. My particular...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock