Discuss Need advice you wish you knew when you was studying. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
First I just want to say that I'm not even a trainee I just had no other option to choose.

I am still studying the first year in Norway to become an electrician and I need some tips you can give to me that you wish you knew when you were studing first time or in general any small tips or anything u think might be usefull for me to know before I get to work as a trainee and don't make a fool of myself you know.

Looking forward to some good tips and help :)

First I just want to say that I'm not even a trainee I just had no other option to choose.

I am still studying the first year in Norway to become an electrician and I need some tips you can give to me that you wish you knew when you were studing first time or in general any small tips or anything u think might be usefull for me to know before I get to work as a trainee and don't make a fool of myself you know.

you should just go to school mate its good for you

listen to your elders, but be prepared for some ribbing... like sending you to stores for a left-handed screwdriver.

I think you have to focus on your studies. And you can join online Electrical Engineering training courses along with your studies so that you can easily get the job after your graduation. This will also enhance your practical and motor skills.

If you are going down the education route be prepared for what to me was some hard maths, bearing in mind it doesn't come naturally to me in any way shape or form. On the bright side you're in a great country for education, I saw a poster while I was at college that showed Sweden, Finland and Norway well above the UK and USA for speaking English, which is supposed to be our language.

Just think and act practically in work situations, if the paperwork says trunking goes here, measure up and put it there, if the cables need to get from A to B, find a sensible route to avoid hot pipes etc. Carry a magnet from inside a speaker to check for wires and pipes in walls, according to Big Clive. ;)

Reply to Need advice you wish you knew when you was studying. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock