Discuss Need the right Time Delay Relay in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Having to wire around a messed up output for a month or so. Some sort of program corruption is keeping the central lubrication system from operating at the correct intervals. I've never had to do this so I'm not sure which sort of On Delay/Off Delay setup could be used. But I need a 1 minute operation every 2 hours. I have a rough draft that involves 2 different timers, one setup for interval and the other an on-delay. Having one cycle energizing for 2 hours every 2 hours. The delay on make timer set to delay for 119 minutes after being energized. So the last minute of each 2 hour cycle will energize the grease motor and pump contactor. Then the interval timer will drop out, dropping out the on delay and essentially resetting the cycle. Of course I realize the biggest issue being the very first cycle wont actually occur for 119 minutes after the initial start. Although that's not that big of a deal since the system has been manually greased lately and it's not going to ruin anything having to wait that first cycle.

EDIT
Keep in mind I will have to manipulate a constant 24VDC signal to incorporate this. Nothing dynamic can be used to create this interval. Which is why I'm using an interval timer for the 2 hour on / 2 hour off. This can handle the constant 24 volts to the coil and it will not effect the interval.

Has to be a better way, right? Any product link descriptions and information would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Having to wire around a messed up output for a month or so. Some sort of program corruption is keeping the central lubrication system from operating at the correct intervals. I've never had to do this so I'm not sure which sort of On Delay/Off Delay setup could be used. But I need a 1 minute operation every 2 hours. I have a rough draft that involves 2 different timers, one setup for interval and the other an on-delay. Having one cycle energizing for 2 hours every 2 hours. The delay on make timer set to delay for 119 minutes after being energized. So the last minute of each 2 hour cycle will energize the grease motor and pump contactor. Then the interval timer will drop out, dropping out the on delay and essentially resetting the cycle. Of course I realize the biggest issue being the very first cycle wont actually occur for 119 minutes after the initial start. Although that's not that big of a deal since the system has been manually greased lately and it's not going to ruin anything having to wait that first cycle.

EDIT
Keep in mind I will have to manipulate a constant 24VDC signal to incorporate this. Nothing dynamic can be used to create this interval. Which is why I'm using an interval timer for the 2 hour on / 2 hour off. This can handle the constant 24 volts to the coil and it will not effect the interval.

Has to be a better way, right? Any product link descriptions and information would be appreciated.
Can you install a small logic relay or compact PLC? Then you can manipulate the timer(s) all you want

EDIT

Sounds like you need an Asymetrical cyclic timer. Have a look at this device https://docs.rs-online.com/8d82/A700000007339275.pdf you can set it for 2 hours off/1 minute on repeated.

Reply to Need the right Time Delay Relay in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net