Discuss Needs to replace my extractor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K10

-
Reaction score
Hi, My extractor is failing and i need to replace it. It can take a while to spin up sometimes and can make a high pitched noise while it is doing so. Giving it a tap normally sorts it out. Its a Steeple brand and has a timer. I need to order another one but I'm not sure if its a standard or low voltage one that I need. Is it possible to tell from the attached image?
Thanks.

IMG_20180623_141738.jpg

that's a 240V fan. oil on the bearings and check that the blades don't catch might be a simple solution.

think atrocious is a bit strong. poor practice, yes.... might be best for \OP to call a local spark to ensure safety.

as said above the 12v ones have the switched line to the transformer box so this is certainly a 230v model, when replacing its just good practice to pop a connector on the end of that disused blue core there and you should be fine.
don't replace with steeple or manrose….. spend a little more, envirovent SIL100T is a good fan at a sensible price.

i was thinking more of this, if he's got a wall big enough:

3432607651_3f0acc1b01_z.jpg

That was really good advise provided very quickly. Thank you!
I tried some WD-40 and it seem to have done the trick for now. No jet engine squealing this morning.
I've also checked out the envirovent extractors and they look like a higher quality option, when it does eventually fail.
Thanks again.

Reply to Needs to replace my extractor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place but this is my first time using this forum. I'm also sorry if i make some mistakes but I'm new to this...
Replies
Views
A 13-year-old GFCI kitchen receptacle went bad, so I replaced it with a new one I bought from Lowe's (Eaton model TWRSGF20). After one day, this...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock