Discuss New cooker chimney hood in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Sorry for the long post but can find answers to my questions anywhere.

I’m want to replace my old cooker hood for a new one.

There is an fcu at the worktop level and T@E running behind the tiles into a round junction box above the extractor.

The old extractor is just wired into the junction box.

My question is can I put a 1g unswitched socket running off the fcu behind the chimney? The new chimney has a 13amp plug already on it.

My main concern is I have to run the extractor in recirculating mode will that mean that the socket that I hide in the chimney will get moisture, grease etc in it also is this safe to do?

I also can’t place a socket outside of the chimney as the T@E running from the fcu is not long enough. also it would be hard to run new cable from the fcu as I don’t want to remove tiles etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Good afternoon,

Sorry for the long post but can find answers to my questions anywhere.

I’m want to replace my old cooker hood for a new one.

There is an fcu at the worktop level and T@E running behind the tiles into a round junction box above the extractor.

The old extractor is just wired into the junction box.

My question is can I put a 1g unswitched socket running off the fcu behind the chimney? The new chimney has a 13amp plug already on it.

My main concern is I have to run the extractor in recirculating mode will that mean that the socket that I hide in the chimney will get moisture, grease etc in it also is this safe to do?

I also can’t place a socket outside of the chimney as the T@E running from the fcu is not long enough. also it would be hard to run new cable from the fcu as I don’t want to remove tiles etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also forgot to add this.

Attachments

• 620B9887-D30D-4262-B222-A946736F0054.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 7

Reply to New cooker chimney hood in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net