Currently reading:
New member.... hello

Discuss New member.... hello in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kurt

-
Reaction score
Hi my name is kurt and I live in the east coast in small town of lowestoft. I have recently trained at lowestoft college and gained my lvl 2 and 3 in buildings and structures 2365, also I have covered the 17th edition amendment 3 so have that too yippee... look forward to discussions and learning from the finest electricians out there.

I do have a question that someone may want to answer or point me right direction, do I need to complete the ecs health and safety test before I can apply for the ecs card itself from what I can see I do and it's 48 pound for each is there any other options as I need the card to start work on sites a.s.a.p so I can further develop my skills and start completing my nvq side of things .thanks.

I was hoping my health and safety unit from lvl 2 would be valid but I see the ecs has not updated on the new qualifications so probably not update there exemptions list either, thanks look forward to any advice

See you soon... kurt

Last edited:
Hi Kurt, Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you need to complete the ECS Health & Safety Course - its £48 and you must book and you'll be given a set date to go to a centre to sit the multiple choice online exam. The exam roughly takes 20mins but you are given 30mins i do believe.

Also, if you're anything like me (you sound it due to location been a small town) you'll probably have to travel far and wide to do the course.

Mark.

Welcome to the forum.

"Looking forward to discussion with the finest electricians out there"

Where are you going for that then, can't be here!!:aureola:

Unfortunately the H&S section for the 2365 is not sufficient to permit an exemption from the H&S exam for the ECS card so the H&S exam is a must.
I believe that the JIB offer a same day service (but I am not sure of the booking time or cost) if you can get to Swanley in Kent (Only 2.5 hours)
Have a look at the ECS card site for further information.

Good progress so far and I am sure that some places would accept you temporarily on the basis of a booked ECS card H&S assessment, so long as you actually complete it when it comes up..

Welcome to the forum.

"Looking forward to discussion with the finest electricians out there"

Where are you going for that then, can't be here!!:aureola:

Unfortunately the H&S section for the 2365 is not sufficient to permit an exemption from the H&S exam for the ECS card so the H&S exam is a must.
I believe that the JIB offer a same day service (but I am not sure of the booking time or cost) if you can get to Swanley in Kent (Only 2.5 hours)
Have a look at the ECS card site for further information.

Good progress so far and I am sure that some places would accept you temporarily on the basis of a booked ECS card H&S assessment, so long as you actually complete it when it comes up..

Thank you all to your replies feeling very welcome :rockon2:

Mark & Richard thank you for going into detail explaining this, you have confirmed what I believed i needed there no way out but gotta do what gotta do so will be booking in on Monday as they are closed now and I have few more pennies next week spare, trying to save on a poor man's budget to get tools pay for books courses etc bit nightmare but hey gotta be done it's my priority to become best sparky can be. I will need to travel to Norwich for my test but so 40 miles not to bad would love to go to Kent for fast tracked but too expensive in one hit.

Reply to New member.... hello in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back