Discuss New motor for Xpelair pRemier DX180H? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please could someone advise if it's at all possible to get replacement motors for extractor fans - specifically for the above!

I've taken the old one apart and wired the motor directly up to 240 as part of bench testing & it won't run. It's been struggling for several weeks to get running and then falters intermittently - shaft spins freely and I can't see how to measure ohms on the windings as it's a micro motor and well taped up. With the direct feed applied I'm sure the motor has gone.

Have had a search but can't find replacement motors only other bits!
I'd like to use the same model as it saves a lot of making good and decorating!

There's one on eBay for £50 but before I opt for that I was just wondering if it's possible to get other spares than just grilles and impellers!

Cheers muchly,
Dilalio

Was the motor fitted with any capacitors for starting? you post intimates that you have just stuck 249V across the windings.

Having just quickly googled that model, and it appears to be discontinued. I would suggest is easier and not that more expensive to get it replacement as new.

Cheers chaps.

No cap on the motor and data label rated at 230v.

Cap on the pcb and it has humidistat wiring, but I measured volatage at the motor terminals first and that was reading circa 240 volts.
Audible buzz between all terminals on motor and got ohms reading across them too not O/C but could not get any life into motor.

I'm pretty sure it was shot but no stats available to check against.

It's been in an giving good service since 2008 so not a bad buy in the first place. Getting the one of eBay for £50 seems the most plausible route to go!

Keen to learn... why would there be 3 wires to motor terminals (red, brown & blue)? They all Terminated in a pin connector onto the pcb but only the brown and blue connected onto pins from the pcb; red was isolated in female of connector! For a different model perhaps? What would it have supplied to the motor on the opposite side to the other terminals?

Many thanks,
D

Probably a shaded pole motor so doesn't require a capacitor, the alternate conductor could be for a different speed or voltage.

Rather than attempting to repair it may be cost effective to replace with a newer model. Contact the manufacture or look into the product technical information, the newer models may well have the same dimensions, fixing holes, cable entry. I've found this to be the case with some other manufactures.

Rather than attempting to repair it may be cost effective to replace with a newer model. Contact the manufacture or look into the product technical information, the newer models may well have the same dimensions, fixing holes, cable entry. I've found this to be the case with some other manufactures.
Sigh.

Found a Dx200T on eBay for £70.
Newer model with delayed start more powerful motor, Timer and "same dims and fixing holes".

Will be here tomorrow.
Cheers All.
Was my overall plan but am always curious about dead elec motors. :wink:

am always curious about dead elec motors.

you need to join the dead motors society.

like this, but for motors, not poets.

Reply to New motor for Xpelair pRemier DX180H? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock