Discuss New patented electrical outlet in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have you tried the normal companies? Hager, proteus, MK, click, BG?

To be frank, installing a cooker or oven is a once in a while job.
It’s not a portable appliance that gets unplugged time and time again.

Is your design a plug and socket combination?

There is no choice apart from the existing major manufacturers who will have the distribution network, manufacturing capability and most importantly the ability to adapt the design so it can actually be manufactured on their machinery.

Don't be surprised if you get knocked back by all of them as they've probably seen a thousand potential variations of an outlet and rejected them all.

Your last resort will be the thousands of knock off manufacturers in China.

Do you have more info about your product? Presumably you should be OK sharing a brief description, since it is protected now.

Always interested to hear new ideas.

Do you have more info about your product? Presumably you should be OK sharing a brief description, since it is protected now.

Always interested to hear new ideas.
A quick search brings up THIS and THIS

I haven't read it fully but at first glance, I don't see how this differs from a normal cooker outlet apart from this seems to have no way to isolate?

Last edited:

I haven't read it fully but at first glance, I don't see how this differs from a normal cooker outlet apart from this seems to have no way to isolate?

Thanks. Yeah there definitely doesn't seem to be an isolation switch. I'm not sure I'm fully appreciating the benefit of using this product.

It's not a cooker switch. It's an outlet plate with a combined 13 amp socket. Could be useful when connecting a hob and oven to the same outlet.

Yeah but if you use a traditional cooker control unit along with a cable outlet further down the wall then you have means of isolation. With this you don't have that. So what's the advantage?

That appears to replace rear entry with bottom entry, while making no provision for isolation.

Not sure why anyone would want to bring fixed wiring forward onto wall surface and also remove provision for isolation. I'm sure there's some logic in it, but certainly none that I can see.

Yeah but if you use a traditional cooker control unit along with a cable outlet further down the wall then you have means of isolation. With this you don't have that. So what's the advantage?

Cooker outlet plates have never had a built in means of isolation. That would be provided by the cooker switch above the worktop.
The outlet plate goes below the worktop.

I know, but what does this offer over a dual back box with an outlet plate and socket fitted in it?

It’s a combined outlet with a socket…. Like the isolation switch above could be a switch without a socket…

All it could be used for is electric igniter on a gas hob, with the oven hardwired.
Would the interior take the load of an electric induction hob and separate oven on a 13A plug?

Cooker outlet plates have never had a built in means of isolation. That would be provided by the cooker switch above the worktop.
The outlet plate goes below the worktop.

Cooker outlets are generally fitted downstream from an isolator.

The sort of outlet this contraption seeks to replace usually has its own means of isolation.

It's as though someone decided it would be a good idea to combine the two and provide the least best option.

*Obviously my comments are directed at the linked patent and possibly not at product patented by the OP/

I suppose it comes down to how much it costs really. It can't be priced at much more than the cost of a single socket and an outlet plate.

Reply to New patented electrical outlet in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net