Discuss New trades career scam? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, can somebody please offer me some insight to whether I am being scammed or not! I am very concerned after reading some of the things on this forum and online. I have recently signed up for the electrician course with ‘new trades career’. I guess I just want to know if I can definitely become and electrician/electrical installer after completing the necessary qualifications with this training provider and whether the qualifications will be valid and actually nationally approved. As mentioned in a previous post on this forum I cannot find any information about the training centres and I am very worried that I might be in the process of being scammed please help!

if it's a short course, e.g. 5 weeks, then it's not a recognised qualification as an electrician. all it will do is give you the chance to become a house basher (domestic installer) self-employed. to qualiy as a spark you need the following :
c&g 2365 part 2 and part 3
NVQ3
AM2

for the NVQ you need to be employed in the trade and create a portfolio of work.

you also need at least 2 years on the tools.

this will take at least 3 years, maybe 4.

if it's a short course, e.g. 5 weeks, then it's not a recognised qualification as an electrician. all it will do is give you the chance to become a house basher (domestic installer) self-employed. to qualiy as a spark you need the following :
c&g 2365 part 2 and part 3
NVQ3
AM2

for the NVQ you need to be employed in the trade and create a portfolio of work.

you also need at least 2 years on the tools.

this will take at least 3 years, maybe 4.
Thank you for your reply mate. My course is called a “full scope electrician + PV with domestic electrical vehicle charging installation. With the qualifications:
City and guilds 2832 - 18th edition of the IEE wiring regs
C and g 2392- certificate in fundamental inspection testing and initial verification
C and g 2365 level 2 diploma in electrical installations.

this is my initial course which I am aware will only allow me to be a domestic installer. However what I am worried about is that my training provider isn’t a registered one, I have heard horror stories of people coming out of their course and not having any actual recognised qualifications. Do you know how I would go about checking this as I have one day to cancel this credit agreement? Any help is massively appreciated!

2382 you need any way. it's currently 18th edition of the wiring regulations. 2365 level 2 you need, but to be a qualified electrician you need level 3 before going on to nvq3. if being a domestic installer is what you want, then the course is OK. if you want to workin the industrial sector ( where the money is) you need much more.

Thank you for your reply mate. My course is called a “full scope electrician + PV with domestic electrical vehicle charging installation. With the qualifications:
City and guilds 2832 - 18th edition of the IEE wiring regs
C and g 2392- certificate in fundamental inspection testing and initial verification
C and g 2365 level 2 diploma in electrical installations.

this is my initial course which I am aware will only allow me to be a domestic installer. However what I am worried about is that my training provider isn’t a registered one, I have heard horror stories of people coming out of their course and not having any actual recognised qualifications. Do you know how I would go about checking this as I have one day to cancel this credit agreement? Any help is massively appreciated!
Who are you with ?

Reply to New trades career scam? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net