Discuss New upright freezer running frequently? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cjazzman

DIY
Reaction score
Just purchased a new Beko FFP3579W Upright Freezer. It's been running for three days now and I believe the freezer maybe faulty.

The freezer seems to be running too frequently. It runs for 22 minutes and then turns off for 24 minutes and then it's back on again doing this on/off cycle.

This is with the freezer door being kept shut, average freezer contents and plenty of air circulation gaps around the freezer.

Is this normal? My previous freezer just came on a few times a day and for short periods.

It doesn’t sound abnormal to me.
newer equipment is often designed to run at lower power usage for longer periods as it can improve efficiency.

my significant other refuses to consider solar panels when our leecy bill is £200/month, due mainly to 4 freezers and a fumble dryer. the voice of reason goes in one ear and out the other.

I have a couple of firefighter colleagues,who say it's the Beko curse, when I've been to isolate electrics after some very nasty combustions,they have a reputation, and I did see the offending machines myself, sorry to pile on the uncertainty,but fridge freezers were a thing,I think the relay could fuse together, and with the intense heat from the compressor, things used to ignite, I've seen the offending things myself

Sorry to say, but Beko are a very low budget manufacturer, they build down to a cost rather than good equipment, probably the lowest insulation they could find.

Rather than slate manufacturers for there quality (founded or unfounded) we should assume that the machine has been built to at least the minimum standard required for sale in the uk.

the original question was about its duty cycle and if it should be running for as long as it should with the off period of its duty cycle being roughly 50%

I would have thought a 50% duty cycle to be normal for a fridge or a freezer but could be corrected if anyone has a good reason to say that it is wrong.

Reply to New upright freezer running frequently? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net