Discuss Newbie intro, advice appreciated in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

John_K

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to change career from a council desk job to (eventually) electrician. Started off with a "training provider" who promised me the earth but delivered Skegness... Managed to get my 2365 lvl2, 2377, 2392 lvl2, and 2393 which I've found out since is essentially useless. Broke off from them and taking them through the financial ombudsman, and just got my 2382 18th off my own back.

My general plan now is to try & find work as a mate somewhere then work towards a lvl3 qual, probably 2365 or 2391. Any advice on making the switch would be appreciated. I'm based on the Wirral.

The 2392 level 2 and level 2 2365 are certainly not useless as these are the fundamental's you will need on your way to becoming an electrician.
Next stop will be your level 3 2365 then after working as a mate or improver then go for the level 3 2391.

Cheers! Just to clarify it was just the 2393 I thought was a bit useless after doing the 18th edition, or at leas that's what one old spark told me :grimacing:

Hi John and welcome to the forum, good luck on your journey.

Reply to Newbie intro, advice appreciated in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Path from Domestic Installer to JIB.
Hi Guys, I'm looking at doing a course to become a DI but I don't want to just be doing residential maintenance forever, i'd like to work on site...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm Az I've been registered for a few weeks just reading all your posts and cannot explain how sound the advice is you all give and the...
Replies
Views
Y
Hi all, I am a new member to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I am seeking advice to help me gain the knowledge and experience...
Replies
Views
S
To the all Master full ones……:clap: I am a newbie and am seeking some guidance and advice. Before I ask my question please understand my...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, Quick bit about me, I'm 25, just leaving the army after joining straight from school. I've done labouring when I have time off quite a...
Replies
Views
DuaneMHunt1976
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock