Discuss Newbie: just introducing myself in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good evening and welcome.
All sensible questions from nutters are accepted
Most ridiculous questions from highly educated folks are accepted.

Anything in between is considered unusual!!

P.s. please don’t take me too seriously

Welcome aboard. No pun intended. (Board/forum?) Tut.

Give us a shout about the DIY thing.

Welcome aboard. No pun intended. (Board/forum?) Tut.

Give us a shout about the DIY thing.
Hi Dan
Thanks for the welcome,i want to put an underground electrical cable from an plug in socket in the house to my outside shed using an extension lead just to use for power tools when required.Is that something I can do myself land what protective covering would I use
Many thanks

i want to put an underground electrical cable from an plug in socket in the house to my outside shed using an extension lead just to use for power tools when required.Is that something I can do myself land what protective covering would I use
Many thanks

I would not recommend burying an extension lead cable. There is no mechanical protection for it unless you put it in conduit. This will have to be 500/600mm deep in the ground.
I would add a switched fuse unit to the house socket circuit and then use armoured cable for the run from the house to the shed. I wouldn't be surprised if the armoured cable would be cheaper than the conduit.
What is the distance from the house to the shed?

I would not recommend burying an extension lead cable. There is no mechanical protection for it unless you put it in conduit. This will have to be 500/600mm deep in the ground.
I would add a switched fuse unit to the house socket circuit and then use armoured cable for the run from the house to the shed. I wouldn't be surprised if the armoured cable would be cheaper than the conduit.
What is the distance from the house to the shed?
About 12 feet

Reply to Newbie: just introducing myself in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net