Discuss Nibbly fish shop - special location?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

atm84

-
Reaction score
So bit random but been to look at a new shop that has tanks with those fish that you stick your feet in, and they eat the dead skin off them.

The tanks require power and come with a short length of flex (approx 600mm) and plug top. In my opinion these tanks would be classed as a bath tub as a proportion of your body would be submerged.

What are others thoughts?

Install sockets greater than 3m away?

What do the manufacturer's instructions say? If they're only providing 600mm of flex they can't really expect you to plug it in 3m away.

The tanks have been bought second hand so there are no instructions available. :( but there is a very faded manufacturers plate so I may try to look them up and see what they say.

I just think they would be classed as a bath by definition of bs7671

So bit random but been to look at a new shop that has tanks with those fish that you stick your feet in, and they eat the dead skin off them.

The tanks require power and come with a short length of flex (approx 600mm) and plug top. In my opinion these tanks would be classed as a bath tub as a proportion of your body would be submerged.

What are others thoughts?

Install sockets greater than 3m away?

So would you classify one of these as a bath?

Foot Bath and Massager - BeurerProducts FB50

The tanks have been bought second hand so there are no instructions available. :( but there is a very faded manufacturers plate so I may try to look them up and see what they say.

I just think they would be classed as a bath by definition of bs7671

This would be your best bet for guidance of a particular piece of equipment of any kind you are not sure of.
I think this is a bit of a stretch of the definition though. Make sure the install is adequate for any environmental influences likely to be encountered and crack on.

One school of thought would say if there is a plug on the appliance, that makes it 'portable'.
Can you really design an installation based around what might be plugged in there?
How 'portable' are these things? At what point does a 'foot spa' become a 'bath'?

Is it a bath tub? Is it not a bath tub?
Does it really matter

Is the room a special location? Is the room not a special location?
Now does it matter

You didn't understand the relevance of the answer,bit too young possibly,lol Bathtub and room were not always linked
I'm pretty sure the regs relating to tin baths in kitchens were done away with a few years ago, but I suppose it's a similar principle.
This thing sounds to me more like a foot spa than a bath or hot tub.

I have rigged a similar arrangement at home,where i suspend myself in a harness,brush gravy-browning on to my skin,and four fox cubs lick me clean....

Does that make my parlour a "special location"? :icon12:

Reply to Nibbly fish shop - special location?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net