NICEIC Certification Scheme Nic assessment

Discuss Nic assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I took about an inch an half off to identify the colours (brown and blue) from where tails leave the new isolator installed by energy supplier(British Gas) he said I took too much off.
[automerge]1577989867[/automerge]

That's definately too much taken off, thta really should have been more than a minor non-compliance.

Single insulated conductors must not be visible outside of an enclosure, that's even a tickbox on the schedule of inspections.

Yep I know that now. Won’t happen again and I will rectify it tomorrow. It’s a refurb so no one is living there so no hassle to rectify it.
That’s at least a good part of any assessment, learning from mistakes and taking it on board.

That’s at least a good part of any assessment, learning from mistakes and taking it on board.
Yea I mean I’ve been qualified 4 years now after a change of career I’m very concious of doing a good safe job, you can possibly learn everything straight away so I’m still learning and happy to keep learning. Although looking at it now it is quite serious but everything else was spot on he was quite tough on me. I had to perform every test dead and live not a couple like most people say they do also I showed him a full rewire and fuse board Cu so I didn’t cop out doing a little light radial at my house which I could have done. I’m pleased with myself and will rectify the tails tomorrow before other trades come back in Monday.

Reply to Nic assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock