NICEIC Certification Scheme Niceic Inspection

Discuss Niceic Inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

ONIT

Afternoon All,
I Will Be Having My First Inspection On My Own Very Soon My Niceic,
Has Any One Been Pulled Up For Refs Their Osg When Testing Or Do They Want You To Know It Off The Top Of Your Head.
When Some-one Is Whatching You, And You Dont Kown Them And Their Testing You It Can All Go A Bit Pear Shaped.

Cheers

Hi
First they will need to see: Regs, OSG, HSE25, Complaints proc (even if none recd), Risk analysis procedure in writing, Insurance, record of equipment tests, and any other dosc they list on letter. If you forget anything, youve got 30days to mail/email copies to HQ without any problems.

They're not out to trick you, just make sure you understand what you are about.
If your still 16th - stick to that, if your 17th - stick to that. Don't mix regs on one site or your'll be in trouble!!

Good luck

HI Malcy

Thanks for the reply, what are HSE25 docs and risk analysis procedure in writing having a blank moment

cheers

HSE25 is Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989. This is booklet which you can purchase for £4 or £5 from HSE office or IEE or Amazon.

Risk Analysis is the same as Risk Assessment. You know the theory of What is Hazard? What is Risk? and what action do you take to elenminate or reduce the risk.

These stuff can be obtained in more and full details from your local HSE office.
I have not had any dealing with NIC, but the company I work for is NIC approved contractor and one thing I know the company is spending substantial amount of time and money on H & S issues.

Thanks Darius for comment - "Risk Analysis" is what you carry out and "Risk Assessment" is the conclusions.

My HSE Policy Statement in cludes this final phrase: "To undertake a risk assessment of an installation prior to commencement of work on site." Sample on our website Aquae Vitae Electrical.

You need to go to NICEIC or HSE websites for samples of whot to do. Legally if you less than 5 staff you dont need anything written, but NICEIC require something for all registered companies.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mal, I'll have to clarify this with our H & S trainer who advised me they are the same when I asked him this specific question over Risk Analysis and Risk Assessment?

Darius

LOL - don't matter what you call them as long as you do something!!

I've just had my annual NICEIC and he didn't accept the HSE Policy statement without the last paragraph - so I added bit at end about risk assessment and head office accespted it when I emailed it in.

Reply to Niceic Inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net