NAPIT Certification Scheme NICEIC vs NAPIT

Discuss NICEIC vs NAPIT in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

A.c.e.c

Hi everyone I'm new today here.
Time to renew my sub to NICEIC (Dom installer full scope) but I've had a look at napit's deal to transfer
It seems I get free assessment, years affiliation for £300+vat and will be able to cert' Dom, ind and comm work as well as periodic and pat!
Are the NICEIC taking the p*ss outta us or are the competition cheap cos they're crap????

Time to renew my sub to NICEIC (Dom installer full scope) but I've had a look at napit's deal to transfer
It seems I get free assessment, years affiliation for £300+vat and will be able to cert' Dom, ind and comm work as well as periodic and pat!
Are the NICEIC taking the p*ss outta us or are the competition cheap cos they're crap????

Obviously Napit want to take as much custom from the NIC as possible. They are the leading brand by a mile.... Napit are just as good.

Just call them direct and ask abt transfer deal. If u have any time left on the NICEIC that is transferred to napit free

There all just money making rackets lads, but sadly they know fine well that you need them on your business name to get work. Rant over!

or are the competition cheap cos they're crap????

The reasons the Niceic have more registered outfits
Reason 1
Their name is much wider known.its quite exclusively accepted by the not so wise, Architects. paid off Council procurers and Insurance companies,only because its been around a while longer than the opposition

Reason number 2
I cant think of any other reason sorry

There is little difference in either scheme for a one man band,other than what you mention,napit full scope is for all sectors (they will not recognise the status of domestic installer) but that is what most members in essence are

No they are certainly not crap.if anything,their link with having 2391 or gaining an inspection qualification ( min 1 year after registering )makes the standard of entrants higher qualified
A fair proportion of Domestic installers may not have enough qualifications for the Napit entry

How stringently they enforce that criteria may be another question though

Take your choice, its either popularity for buisness purposes with the Nic, or perhaps better self esteem joining Napit joining perhaps better qualified members

I originally enjoyed high self esteem when I joined NAPIT, then I realised they'd accepted the likes of me as a member :p Now up it Scotland its NIC for me

The NIC EIC do take the mick for a number of reasons. We have stayed with them for one reason and one reason only. They are the ONLY recognised body by companies, insurers and the like. When ever you come across a new client or customer who needs assurances. Its the NIC EIC they know and want.
Im not trying to say its right cus I don't think it is, but thats the way it seems to be, at the moment anyway (Lets hope things change, I like competition, keeps em all on there toes)

Reply to NICEIC vs NAPIT in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock