Discuss niciec registration in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
i hope im on the correct thread for this...
ive installed a new lighting cct in my kitchen....as my 1st assesment towards niciec registration.... will building control need to revist at a cost of £360 after the inspection?.................. will i need to have a building control cert prior to the assesment? im not 100% sure of the procedure.
my 2nd assessment is a new build...with full electrical installation.. building control will have been informed of this, as its a new build....however will they want to
send their electricain to retest and inspect everything once its completed?
any advice from anyone whos been through this procedure....gratefully received. regds andrew:bucktooth: p,.

for the new build, as planning has been involved, it is usual for LABC to accept a copy of your installation certificate, once you have proved competence. most LABCs will want you to have 17th. i would contact them, and also advise theem that you are joining NICEIC and you should have no problems. whatever their fees will be covered by the planning costs.

as for the lighting circuit. complete date the certificate for a few days before your assessment, then notify through NICEIC within 30 days after. youj don't need to get LABC involved beforehand.

that tells me what i need to know...my local b/control seemed vauge as what i needed to do,..im 17th ok/part p competent etc..
but i couldnt see the point of having to have them around to re check what had already been inspected and tested.(assuming i pass the assessment and subsequently register) many thanks. a p.

well i want to join niceic,, do i just order a info pack from them and all will be revealed
No such Luck, If you take the registration fee, put it in the garden with some damp leaves, ignight with a flame and send smoke signels you may receve some advise. The advise they send will cost you money so dont burn it all theres also an anormass pile of books to buy from them and that revisit gona cost you dearly..

PS my spelling really sucks tonight

I didn't think Northern Ireland was prone to the Part P silliness just England and Wales.

So they would not have a Domestic Installer arm over there, and if I'm right i=p/u you would have to go for a full registration such as approved contractor which would need a history of trading, I think it is 18 months .

Hope i'm wrong, but the NICEIC will advise

Reply to niciec registration in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock