Currently reading:
nicknames on site

Discuss nicknames on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

years ago, i got the nickname of bonkers after getting caught giving the boss's secretary one in the boss's office

Back in the early 90s I had a flat top haircut and acquired the nickname "Bart". Had no idea until one of the cleaners called me it and when I went "Huh?" she said "Oh. I thought that was your name".

Used to work with a bloke who if you ever asked him to do anything would say he was "snowed under mate, snowed under", so he became Avalanche Al.

Well of course you would because it's giving you a pat on the back isn't it, that's always welcome from your work mates. It doesn't happen very much up here in Geordieland though, you could be having the best week ever in your life, you could have made a million pyro ends off all perfectly, pulled it kilometres of cable without snagging one of them, bent a thousand bits of conduit etc.

Drop your screwdriver in front of your mates once though and you're known forever as a clumsy see you next tuesday

Well of course you would because it's giving you a pat on the back isn't it, that's always welcome from your work mates. It doesn't happen very much up here in Geordieland though, you could be having the best week ever in your life, you could have made a million pyro ends off all perfectly, pulled it kilometres of cable without snagging one of them, bent a thousand bits of conduit etc.

Drop your screwdriver in front of your mates once though and you're known forever as a clumsy see you next tuesday

Yes very true, only as good as your last job, had a boss when I was an apprentice, drop an 8ft pop pack he would laugh, break a plastic patress he would go ape. lol

A couple of weeks ago I made about 40 pyro ends off in one day, all of them perfect. The following day I made 4 off and duffed 2 of them, I got ripped to bits.
Rightly so imho :)

One lad years ago started to go out with one of the girls in the office, one of her co workers was married to another spark.
The lad and this girl became intimate and women being women the girls in the office got to know as did the spark who was married to the girl who worked with this lad's girlfriend, as did the lads on site.
He became known as Carl, as in Carl Lewis because he was a winner. He always finished first.
Poor kid.

Back in the day I was known as Arnie (terminator) because I had a very short temper and I always came back,recently I called in to a place I used to work at and the gaffer shouted "hey up lads Arnie's back" one of the pup's asked "why do you call him Arnie? gaffer replied "you don't want to know and if you're lucky you'll never find out". Don't think he believes I've mellowed with age.lol

had a work college who was nicknames "toe nails" as he was so far up the bosses a**e that all you can see is his toe nails...

Reply to nicknames on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock