Currently reading:
nicknames on site

Discuss nicknames on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well of course you would because it's giving you a pat on the back isn't it, that's always welcome from your work mates. It doesn't happen very much up here in Geordieland though, you could be having the best week ever in your life, you could have made a million pyro ends off all perfectly, pulled it kilometres of cable without snagging one of them, bent a thousand bits of conduit etc.

Drop your screwdriver in front of your mates once though and you're known forever as a clumsy see you next tuesday

I love it! :)

Well of course you would because it's giving you a pat on the back isn't it, that's always welcome from your work mates. It doesn't happen very much up here in Geordieland though, you could be having the best week ever in your life, you could have made a million pyro ends off all perfectly, pulled it kilometres of cable without snagging one of them, bent a thousand bits of conduit etc.

Drop your screwdriver in front of your mates once though and you're known forever as a clumsy see you next tuesday

If 50p/£1/£2, forever known as the shirt lifting 'see you.........'

My nickname on site was Flashbang, don't know why but people working near to me were reluctant to touch anything metal.
I nicknamed one of my bosses girlfriend in the office Spannerface because everytime she looked at me my nuts tightened up.

Plasterer on a site,was nicknamed bloodclot.Had been telling everybody to donate blood like he is.Went to give blood and promptly feinted.

I have been giving blood for years. Anyway, the other week I got a letter from them saying I have a very high white blood cell count. Been through loads of tests and just waiting for the word now whether or not I have leukaemia. Great. Sorry, bit off topic I know. :(

I have been giving blood for years. Anyway, the other week I got a letter from them saying I have a very high white blood cell count. Been through loads of tests and just waiting for the word now whether or not I have leukaemia. Great. Sorry, bit off topic I know. :(

I know this doesn't really 'help', but if you didn't give blood, would not picking it up early have made it harder to treat? Wish you all the best.

Hope you get some good feedback, good luck.

Two apprentices I had years ago were promptly nicknamed silence and mute, they had no crack or banter at all.

One guy I used to work with was known as the hornblower cause he used to whinge to the gaffers about everyone once their backs were turned and after a week of been stuck with the miserable old git I started calling him Davy dark cloud, as an apprentice one bad day saw me blessed with the nickname clump cause I was so clumbsy (no sleep and too much drink will do that to you) apprentice on the site I'm on now is affectionately known as mongo dan because he's that slow and thick. A labourer on the last job I was on was called Wong he wouldn't tell me why but turned out it was down to him getting everything wrong (even his nickname) we started calling him Pete (tong) aswell so we could take the **** when he was about without him realising

Reply to nicknames on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock